News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Casting Call for a new "Unamed Story"

Started by Martin Montgomery, December 17, 2008, 09:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: SarviaRose on December 20, 2008, 07:39:09 AM
Hum but wouldn't it be

4 ladies and a little man??

Rofl !  yes, i guess both of us  don't know  how  to count  ! LOL  !  Unless one of us  does not behave   like  a lady  !   ;D  ;)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Sonata

I have some questions about collaborative story-writing that I'd like to ask before we get to that part.

1. How much action can you write for other people's characters? For example, I'm assuming that if you're posting during a fight scene scenario, it's unnacceptble to post someone else's entire fight sequence as part of your character's post, but it would be okay to describe something small that they did/that involved them like "As Shamrall slashed at NPC's face with his blade, NPC ducked away from the blow, staggering back into Birgitta(me) as she neatly slipped a dagger between NPC's ribs" as a general part of my post.

2. How does posting order work? Will we take "turns" in writing, or do we just hop in when we feel we have something to add?
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Sonata on December 20, 2008, 06:59:06 PM
I have some questions about collaborative story-writing that I'd like to ask before we get to that part.

1. How much action can you write for other people's characters? For example, I'm assuming that if you're posting during a fight scene scenario, it's unnacceptble to post someone else's entire fight sequence as part of your character's post, but it would be okay to describe something small that they did/that involved them like "As Shamrall slashed at NPC's face with his blade, NPC ducked away from the blow, staggering back into Birgitta(me) as she neatly slipped a dagger between NPC's ribs" as a general part of my post.

2. How does posting order work? Will we take "turns" in writing, or do we just hop in when we feel we have something to add?

I have  been involved in writing several short stories on here.   It depends on the others you are  writing with,  but usually  the people i write  with,   just hope in whenever  we feel  like it,  and  want  to write.  we had no  posting order.
       We also  would  write  for  each others  charcters  sometimes.  Everyone  was okay with it, as  long as  we did not involve  them  in   any romance  without talking to them  first,  or  kill them  off.

Martin Montgomery

I agree! The "Order" will fill out as some of us have more time or new ideas! We just need to watch out so the story doesn't take after just one contributor. I have been without a computer at home for the past week so I have been trying to watch this area from work (Sometimes,not much time to play on the forums 'cause my deputies are bringing in Lots of new Guests!! We can write using each others charactors as long as we stick to what we have laid down as "Unchangeable" or get the "Go Ahead" from the charactor's owner. By the way I liked the sample used by Sonata,great use of both charactors! We can start at any time but don't expect the story to write itself! Sometimes some of us will be background writers and someone will be lead writers,but don't worry my friends, it will work out!!
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Martin Montgomery

I have started! Join in as you see fit!!  Shamrall is going to get a surprise when he opens those chests in that wagon!!
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Sonata

Please carry on without me for a brief bit - I'm having a creative dry spell but Birgitta will catch up with the story as soon as my writer's block goes away!
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

SarviaRose

I'll write tonight or tomorrow. Things finally settling down after the holidays
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

Sonata

I'll write this afternoon or tonight, depending on how slow things are at work today.

Sonata

I'm so sorry, I feel like I'm holding up the progress of the whole story  :'( . I keep meaning and meaning to write a post, and every time I get started my muse absolutely deserts me.

I'm at a loss, please proceed without me for now, and perhaps I'll be able to find a way to squeeze my character in once I have Mundane stress under better control  :(

Martin Montgomery

Your not holding any of us up dear!!  I,and I am sure,the others are just dry!!  I will however endeavor to post something tonight if work doesn't intrude!!
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Alphonse

Let's see if we can't even up the cast abit... ;D

Name:Alphonse the Green
Race:human
Height: 6'2"
Weight:250
Skills: Wizard,warrior,woodsman,animal empathy,herbalist,historian,astronomer,farmer,fisherman
Clothing: big green hat, green cloak with silver broach, green robe and breeches, brown leather belt,pouches and bracers, soft high brown leather boots, wears a silver astrolabe on a chain as neckless.
Weapons: Wits and failing that a a double edged long sword and dagger.
Mount: a small cart pulled by an old grey mare, though on occasion has been known to ride dragons.
History: Not something that he generally relates but as a youth grew up on a farm and worked as a fisherman's helper.As a young man was a warrior and learned battle magic from a group of mages known as "The Circle of Siege".After ten long years in their service he won his freedom and ran off to the mountains where he grew up and lived the life of a hermit in the deep woods coming into town only three or four times a year to barter.Over the years he built up a small farm of his own and studied earth magic while befriending many animals and it is rumoured the elves and fae as well.

Martin Montgomery

I welcome you Alphonse!! Do join our little story,and as we have written together in other stories,you know how I love to put things off !! I welcome you once more my friend.
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Lady Amy of York

Welcome  sir  to the story.

I just did a little  writing  just now. Hope it helps  move  things  along. :)

Alphonse

Thank you both for the welcome, I look forward to writing with all of you!

Martin Montgomery

My friends I am sorry for the interuption of the story!  :-[  I will pick up the thread soon! Patience is a Virtue!! (Going to CTRF this Weekend!!  ;D !!)
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor