News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for work anywhere after June 1st

Started by Poco the Pirate, December 18, 2008, 11:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poco the Pirate

Im trying to set up a trip with my boyfriend to travel from festival to festival for the next year after graduation.  We have both worked at the MNRF for 10 years now and having jobs at the festivals we attend would really help pay for the trip. We both have taken constrution, and welding  class and are willing to do hard labor as well.  Jason (my boyfriend) has had previous experiance with constrution at the MNRF.  we are both also very good preformers.  We have our own garb and transportation.  If anyone needs any help please let us know. We will work any hours you need.  Thank you.  :)
You never know when a leperon might attack

beeboy

typically if you show up at a festival about a week early you can usually find a job pretty easily.  even if you don't, theres always the people that quit after the first weekend. 

i would suggest talking 2 vendors at MNRF to see if they need help at other shows.  plus towards the end of each show, by asking around, you can generally get an idea of who needs help where

the typical east coast circuit is

february - fort lauderdale
march - ft lauderdale/tampa
april - tampa/georgia
may - georgia or tennessee
june - kentucky???
july - kentucky or bristol or great lakes

then august thru end of october youve got everything from PA, pittsburg, conneticutt, new york(either one), bristol, texas, north carolina, southern ohio

november - finish texas OR
november, part of december - louisiana

Poco the Pirate

Lady Renee Buchanan

There are also smaller faires.  Just in the midwest, which seems to be your area, are Jubilee College near Peoria, IL on Father's Day weekend in June, also the Dubuque RF will be in it's second year.  I think it will be the first weekend of June.

Towards the end of the summer, there is the Des Moines RF, I think it's Labor Day Weekend and 2 or 3 after that.  Then Four Kingdoms, in the Quad Cities, usually the last weekend in Sept.  Stronghold is in Oregon, IL the first weekend in October.  You could check with some of the folks from MN, because I know Twig and the Wisconsin RF are sometime in the summer.  Too far for us to go, so I don't keep track of their dates.

If you can't get on with a big faire, or don't want to travel across the U.S., then some of the smaller faires in your area might be approachable. 
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Poco the Pirate

beeboy

but keep in mind, more jobs are available at bigger faires.  and more job connections for other faires

Emerald Shaunassey

Keep in mind that KCRF in Bonner Springs, Ks begins Labor Day weekend and runs for 7 weekends.
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.