News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camping?

Started by Malkavian, December 20, 2008, 11:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malkavian

I'm looking into making an appearance at the Georgia festival in 09, but I'm really not so much of a hotel guy...tents are much more fun  8) Anyway google's not turning anything up so far so I thought i'd post here--is there any place to camp within about 30 minutes of the site?  Being as close to Atlanta as it is I sorta doubt so, but it never hurts to ask

I'm not really familiar with that area at all so I may be searching with the wrong terms or what have you.

Lairde Guardn

I am also interested in the same information as we have members of the Clan M'Crack that like to camp as well.   
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Christina de Pond

unfortunetly i don't think we have any campsites close to garf if anyone else has a clue to this let me know i thought of doing so last year  >:(
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Cpt. Black Shadow

my friends the garf has campsite on grounds it just costs like 200 dollars and u have to live at least 75 miles away..I camped there in '08 hope to see you there!
I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

BLAKDUKE

Atlanta West Camgrounds
Austell Ga.
770-948-7302

This is the only one that shows up on Mapquest that may have tent sites.  You would to call them to verify.  Of the other 5 that are listed 1 is mobile home park that has rv sites, 1 is a mobile home mfgr, 1 is the mt zion methodist campground and the last is amost 30 miles away. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Cpt. Black Shadow

atlanta west campgrounds sucks go to the onsite faire campgrounds
I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

Lady Christina de Pond

ok thats noted next closest campgrounds altoona
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

renniemommy

I am almost positive that you cannot camp on the Georgia faire site unless you are a participant from at least 75 miles away. I wasn't allowed to camp until my boss gave me my participant pass so, I would assume that it's not open to patrons at all.
moming and renning go together like scotch eggs and mustard

Cpt. Black Shadow

no its not only people who work it

renniemommy

I would call the office and find out. they wouldn't let me have my husband come down from pa to visit when I was there last year cuz he wasn't working there. They also threw a girl out and banned her from the faire grounds for life for staying overnight with someone. Is there a patron camping there? like at TRF? I didn't get out much so I wouldn't know.

BLAKDUKE

It is a bit further up the road exit 101 on I-85 but there is Jones RV Park at $30 a night for a 30 amp rv site, do not know what tent sites go for, I would assume for less.  I have friends coming from the Minn RenFaire and we are doing Med Times Friday night and then the faire on Saturday.  They are moteling it,  we are camping.   The distance from Jones rv park to GARF is about 40 miles, but there is little else that is any closer.

Cpt. Black Shadow

wat i meant to say was that only ppl who worked at the faire could camp patrons cannot i kno the girl who got banned

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: renniemommy on January 26, 2009, 08:29:21 PM
I would call the office and find out. they wouldn't let me have my husband come down from pa to visit when I was there last year cuz he wasn't working there. They also threw a girl out and banned her from the faire grounds for life for staying overnight with someone. Is there a patron camping there? like at TRF? I didn't get out much so I wouldn't know.

That seems a bit harsh for just staying with someone overnight.  Besides if she comes in garb who is going to recognize her anyway.  Some times I think faire management sips a little to much of the mead.

renniemommy

She worked at the festival but was local. The administration there is very strict. I worked there and couldn't have my husband visit from pennsylvania for the weekend. so much for family show eh? It really is supposed to protect not only the vendors who live there and have stock there, but I think it has a lot to do with insurance and such. There are very few shows who will let you have overnight guests at all. I think that there should be more festivals who offer patron camping the way TRF and Louisiana do.

BLAKDUKE

This Saturday my wife and I have to travel to Lawrenceville for a Packard car club meeting.  The route I have to travel takes me right past the exit for the faire.  Now my wife contends that once we pass the Newnan exits(2 of them) that there are signs for campgrounds.  I do not recall these at all.  However we will both be on the lookout for them.  The info I posted before comes from Mapquest and along with the yellow pages on-line I have found that they lack a few places that I have found just by driving by.  So when we get back I will post anything I can find.   

BLAKDUKE

o.k.
here is what I found.  Absolutely no nearby tent camping.  There is a campground 1 exit removed from the GARF location, which is where we will be going for opening weekend, but they do NOT allow tenting.  The RV campground is $25 per night.

BLAKDUKE