News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Footware to go with a kilt

Started by Cormac, December 20, 2008, 08:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eoghan

I'm a big fan of ghillies. I've got a pair made by Lady Oren and they are very comfortable. Of course if you want true highlands period accuracy it would be rabbit skins in the winter and nothing in the summer.

MacKee

House of Andar - Leather Renaissance Pirate Boots. Button boots like Catskill or Sodhoppers, but a fraction of the price. Not as nice though...of course.

www.houseofandar.com
The Order of Culloden Moor

Lady Kett

Quote from: iain robb on February 17, 2009, 06:51:10 AM
I've been wearing ghillie-style sandal/mocassins with my kilts. It's been bad enough getting rocks and stuff in my shoes, but they've started to come apart.

So this past weekend at the Florida Renaissance Festival, I put down a hefty deposit on a pair of Catskill Mocassins 10-button boots. Somebody please tell me that this was a good investment. Please.

Somewhat late but my husband has a pair of 10-button boots from Catskill and just loves them - so you get our vote on a good investment! :)

iain robb

Quote from: Lady Kett on June 11, 2009, 09:34:53 PM
I've been wearing ghillie-style sandal/mocassins with my kilts. It's been bad enough getting rocks and stuff in my shoes, but they've started to come apart.

So this past weekend at the Florida Renaissance Festival, I put down a hefty deposit on a pair of Catskill Mocassins 10-button boots. Somebody please tell me that this was a good investment. Please.

Somewhat late but my husband has a pair of 10-button boots from Catskill and just loves them - so you get our vote on a good investment! :)

Oh, good. Thank you! I just about have mine paid off.

MacKee

I second that...good investment. I bought 12 button Sodhoppers for my wife and the initial shock of the cost wears off eventually. They is what they is...all the boot makers are charging about the same for the custom boots. If you want a pair, you have to $$$.

But is you don't want the full custom thing you save $$$ by buying from Sandler or really save and buy from house of Andar = $200 for 7 button boots.

Hatter

I wear 5 button ruff boots from Catskill Mountain Moccasins.  They add to the rustic Scott look.

Merlin

Where did you order the 10 buttons?
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

DeadBishop

Quote from: Merlin on June 14, 2009, 08:15:57 AM

Where did you order the 10 buttons?

I believe the only place to get Catskill Mountain Moccasins is at one of their actual booths or their website.

R/F.com member since 2003

MacKee

Merlin - oi laddy, you could of ordered at Scarby...we we're standing right across from the Catskill booth during the afternoon m&g sunday closing weekend.

Not trying to rub it in...just thought I would mention that  8)