News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scarlet Fest Goers?

Started by Craigmeister, December 21, 2008, 01:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Who is going to Scarlet's indoor Renaissance Festival next month in Oklahoma City?  I've never been but am considering going this year.  It hasn't seemed right to not be amongst trees & green grass while at a Renfest.  This year, I'm curious as to the environment.  I'd also like to spread the word about the nearby faires in 2009.  If I can get the word out early, attendance might increase at the smaller & newer faires.  HUZ-ZAH!

http://scarletfest.com/
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

Craig,
     Myself and the Kisses will be there performing as we usually do.  Scarlet's is a wonderful, fun, indoor faire.  I do not notice the lack of trees and grass - the interior of the farmer's market lends itself well to being the inside of a 'pirate keep.'  And there is *always* something going on somewhere.  We typically have a pirate encampment downstairs and the Bilge Pumps have their upstairs near their stage.  Masked Ball is downright fun as well!

Here's to seeing you and anyone else that can make it out next month - Jan 24 & 25, 2009!

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rani Zemirah

I would be going, if I weren't planning on being under the weather every weekend until the end of March! I haven't been before, but I've heard it's lots of fun, and it keeps getting better every year!!! The historic building it's in is like a maze, almost, with rooms leading into rooms, and seeing everything could take quite some time...

Wish I could be there!!! Enjoy...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blackbead

Blackbead's Treasure Chest will be there!  We'll have lots of unique, handmade jewelry; pirate toys for kids of all ages; poetry; music; and treasures from around the world!  Come see us at "Devil's Tavern"!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

LadyMorna

It would really be fun to go; I am jones-ing for a Faire already.  However, I've been out of work since late October, and it'll depend on whether we have spare money for a trip to OKC.  I'd love to see Blackbead and the Capt. Emerald and the Ladies again.  Anybody have any suggestions on places to stay?

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Craigmeister

I regret that I cannot recommend a place to stay.  I live an hour & a half from the Farmer's Market.  I do wish you a Happy New Year though.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: LadyMorna on December 28, 2008, 01:51:26 PM
It would really be fun to go; I am jones-ing for a Faire already.  However, I've been out of work since late October, and it'll depend on whether we have spare money for a trip to OKC.  I'd love to see Blackbead and the Capt. Emerald and the Ladies again.  Anybody have any suggestions on places to stay?

Lady Morna

Super 8 usually has a discount for Faire attendees and it is where most of we performers are lodged by the faire for the weekend.  You might check with them and see if they have any discounts running in conjunction with the faire.

I am sorry to learn of your job situation my dear, that is terrible!!  I do pray that things turn about for you.  As much as I would love to see you again, I understand all too well the lack of funds preventing such things.

May this new year smile upon you and yours.  Until such a time as we may cross paths once more,

I remain ...
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.