News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Royal Felines

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 14, 2008, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

Thanks Muffin and Cat. Trying to look on the bright side- but might find it tomorrow or the next day. Keeping busy and thinking about all my lost loves. Koda will learn. he is sweet like Tachi but needs to get a bit more used to it here and Yoshi needs to stop picking on him!
I miss my overly familiar- but life goes on.

Hugs!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Capt. Bacardi

Sorry to hear about Tachi.  :-[ I know how much you love your cats.
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Lady Renee Buchanan

Sorry for your loss, Bonnie.  You can be proud of how great a mother you were to him, as you are to all of your cats.  They are lucky to have someone who loves them so much.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Queen Bonnie

My cats are my family. It hurts to lose any of them. Tachi was so special. The 3 remaining cats Yoshi, Neri and Koda are trying to comfort me. I will be OK- but this hurts.  Friends help! Thanks!
Wingardium Leviosa!

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Queen Bonnie

LOL- not sure those cats look really happy wearing outfits?
Wingardium Leviosa!

Merlin the Elder

If I were a cat, I know what I would be doing to the person who was dressing me up... Does bloody stump ring a bell?  :D :D
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

PurpleDragon

It is with deep sadness that I must report the passing of one of my beloved kitties.  "PRINCESS DIANA STORMBRINGER", my beloved pure bred Persian is now awaiting my arrival at the Rainbow Bridge. She crossed over the Friday before Christmas. I raised her from an 8 week old kitten, given to me as a birthday present back in June of 1996. She was a wonderful companion and the most loving cat. Whenever a new animal, cat or dog or whatever, was brought into the home, she became "momma" to that animal and would nurture them and teach them. Rest in Peace my little Princess, know that daddy loves you and misses you greatly.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Pinn

So sorry to hear of your loss PurpleDragon
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

C Dragonworks

Aww So sorry to hear this... it is rough losing your friends...we had to put our 16 yr old White Shepard down... I have no doubt it will be crowded on the Rainbow bridge!!! Hugs!

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: PurpleDragon on January 02, 2012, 10:25:06 AM
It is with deep sadness that I must report the passing of one of my beloved kitties.  "PRINCESS DIANA STORMBRINGER", my beloved pure bred Persian is now awaiting my arrival at the Rainbow Bridge. She crossed over the Friday before Christmas. I raised her from an 8 week old kitten, given to me as a birthday present back in June of 1996. She was a wonderful companion and the most loving cat. Whenever a new animal, cat or dog or whatever, was brought into the home, she became "momma" to that animal and would nurture them and teach them. Rest in Peace my little Princess, know that daddy loves you and misses you greatly.

I am so sad to hear this, my friend.  When the time is right, I am sure the Grand Architect will arrange another furry friend to arrive at your doorstep.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Queen Bonnie

hugs purple Dragon. So sad to hear of your loss. It is never easy- but they are always in our hearts.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Muffin

Our dear sweet kitty Girlz was diagnosed with CRF a little over a year ago and is going downhill quickly these last few weeks.

I am so worried about her.. She has stopped eating for the most part about two weeks ago and we can only coax about a tablespoon of canned food in her a day, sometimes a few bites of tuna.. She is still drinking water, and using her litterbox, however I suspect she may be constipated, as I haven't seen a bowel movement since Monday.. She's losing weight fast..

Has anyone tried using canned pumpkin to get their kitties functions functioning again?

Our last vet visit (in February) they suggested Sub-Q fluids which we declined as she is nearly 17 and skittish and would not deal well with the stress this brings along with it, and we know CRF is not curable and do not want to make what little time we have left miserable for her (and us)..

She still purrs and gives loves, and snuggles with us all night..

If anyone has any suggestions on the pumpkin or something else to get her bowels moving or anything we can do to coax her to eat. She is a finicky little thing.. Force feeding her with a syringe is not really an option..

Hugs, and please keep my baby girl in your thoughts..

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Merlin the Elder

Muffin, I know how hard this is to go through, but you also have to consider your beloved pet. It may be time to let go. I had to make the decision years ago with my Husky. She had continued to collapse and I would have to carry her in from the yard.  I made the decision to put her down, and that day, she actually walked into to vet under her own power. I held her as she crossed the rainbow bridge. Nim held her in her lap on the ride home, and I buried her in the back yard.  It was the hardest thing I'd had to do in my life, but I knew that I had done the right thing for my friend of 15 years.  It's always made me sad, but I have never regretted the decision. However, you must do what you feel in your heart.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Muffin

We've considered that as well and are keeping a close eye on her and watching for any signs of a "crash".

On the bright side she did eat like a little champ last night!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette