News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Royal Felines

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 14, 2008, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

We are all praying for you and your kitten. 
  When her time to cross over arrives, know that she will not be in pain anymore.  It's hard to let go, but you will be strong for her, I know.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Anna Iram

I don't have any personal experience with cats, Muffin, but I do know pumpkin is often prescribed for severe digestive issues. Easy on the digestive system, lots of fiber and it will help hydrate your kitty. I believe it will also help clear excessive nitrogen . A good thing with urinary/kidney issues.

There are lots of sites on the net that talk about pumpkin for cats. From what I've read, buy plain canned or cook fresh. No salt or additives. One tablespoon or so a day, though a finicy cat may refuse this. Try another brand. To preserve the pumpkin, fill an ice cube tray and take out what's needed each day.

Low sodium broth added to his food and warmed might help his appetite ss well. In reading a bit I see onions are toxic to cats( didn't know that) so avoid a. broth with onions.

I'll keep you and your kitty in my thoughts, Muffin. I know how hard it is to have a sick friend. I hope his remaining days are peaceful, and happy ones.

Muffin

We tried the pumpkin which of course she didn't like, but I put it on her nose so she had to lick at least some of it off, she was not happy with the Mama over that, but this morning we had a poopie! Hooray!!!!  ;D (sorry, gross I know...)

So, hopefully she will keep it up and get back on schedule! Otherwise I have been told I can give her Myralax, we'll see how she does the next couple of days..

Thanks for keeping my girl in your thoughts!

:-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

raevyncait

Run free my little shrimpy girl. The tumor that kept your head cocked sideways & caused your wobbly gait is no more. Frolic across the Rainbow Bridge with all the kitties that I know were waiting for your arrival.

Mollie was a munchkin, the last of her line.  She was about 4 or 5 when I met & fell in love with her back in late 2007.  She had a tumor in her left ear that caused her deafness, wobbly gait, and cocked head, but it didn't stop her from climbing wherever her claws could gain purchase and/or her legs could propel her. A few days ago, I noticed that she was sleeping UNDER the bed instead of ON it, and her gait had gotten a bit more drunkenly, but since she was eating and making her usual racket, I didn't worry too much about it. The impending weather system had MY ears & sinuses going crazy, and in the almost 3 years I've had her, I discovered that big changes in the barometer virtually always led to additional fluid in that ear and an increased wobble to her walk.  Last night everything seemed fine. I cleaned out her ear and set her on the bed with me for some mama time, and she was still on the bed when I fell asleep.  When I awoke, I wasn't surprised that she wasn't there, because she often moves in the night.  At lunchtime, I found her under the bed looking like she didn't feel well at all. I pulled her out and she was absolutely limp, breathing, but a bit laboriously.  I called the friend from whom I adopted her, and we decided that it might be time. I took her to the vet, who examined her ears and it seems that the tumor has gotten into her inner ear, which would make her even more wobbly, and if it grew at all in another direction, it would get into her brain (this is a possibility that we've always known about). Antibiotics *might* help, but they might not.
She had a pampered life, at least from about 2004 on, and lasted longer than I think the initial vet thought she might.   2 Rainbow Bridge trips in 8 months, plus the loss of another cat that I loved, (though was not responsible for) through the negligence of another is plenty for me now for awhile I think.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Merlin the Elder

So sorry, Raevyn ... We've got a war cat that may join her soon. 
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Muffin

So sorry for your loss..  :'(
A Captains Wench

Ette

Muffin

Girlz June 8, 1995 - March 23, 2012

Yesterday was one of the most difficult days I have ever had. We had to help my sweet baby girl to cross the rainbow bridge. I was able to spend the whole day with her, giving her love and kisses. We knew it was time, and somehow I think she did too. She took a very quick and drastic turn beginning on Wednesday night and by Friday morning she could no longer stand up under her own power. She had been sleeping under the bed all week which is not like her, but on Thursday she somehow made it up her kitty ramp onto the bed and slept next to us. We have no idea how she did this, by Thursday night her hind end was no longer cooperating with her, and she had become so weak. In my heart I have to believe this was her way of saying goodbye. My heart is broken, but I know in time the hurt will heal, and this was the right thing to do for her because I love her so much..

My sweet sweet girl, now you will no longer feel any pain, and can run and play. Grandpa will take good care of you. I will miss you everyday my little sweet face, until I see you again know that Mama loves you.
A Captains Wench

Ette

Merlin the Elder

Very sorry, Muffin. I know the pain.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

NoBill Lurker

I sorry for your loss Muffin... :'(
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Anna Iram

I'm sorry you both lost your kitties. Sometimes the most love you can give is in letting them go.

C Dragonworks

Hard to lose them...I know I just buried my oldest Chinchilla Fri morning.... Hugs Muffin.... she is not in pain now and is waiting for you!

Butch

So sorry to hear of the loss of your kitties.

Queen Bonnie

Hugs. So sorry to hear of your loss. it is never easy. Each kitty lives on in memory.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

raevyncait

another of mine has apparently found her spunk. She's about 16 months old, hairless, and visually impaired. Generally, she sleeps between the topsheet and my bedspread/quilt at night near my feet. Well, it seems that last night the house was a bit warmer than usual, so she decided that she could sleep on one of my pillows. I had no idea, as, for once in her life, she didn't walk on my face to settle in place. When I rolled over on the other pillow (which is partially stacked on the one she was sleeping atop), my head apparently rolled over her skinny little nekkid butt & tail, because I was quite assertively hissed at! I've spent time with her every single day of her life (aside from times when I was out of town for more than one night), and she's never expressed her displeasure in such a manner!

It was a bit of a shocking wake-up call, however as it was not accompanied by a swipe of the paw/claws, it WAS kind of funny!
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Queen Bonnie

She does sound like a spunky little thing! I bet she is a cutie!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!