News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Royal Felines

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 14, 2008, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: PurpleDragon on June 26, 2008, 03:20:29 PM
Sir William Marcus,

Koko-Taboo has beautiful tortoise shell/calico coloring.  She also looks to be part MaineCoon as well.  Do you know what the breed is?

I wish I did, unfortunately I do not.  She just showed up at our fortress last summer and thats about all I know.  Thanks for the kinds words my friend, as we too thought that her little tortie markings were quite stunning as well.

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Queen Bonnie

Whatever she is she is too cute and a beautiful cat!  Lovely markings and fur!  Great pictures too! I am enjoying all the kitties here! Wish I could hug them all!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

CatAshtrophy

Wow, Koko-Taboo looks amazingly like an old cat I had named Rags. Had the same type of tortie coloring and was fluffy like that too. You have a beautiful cat.

Escarlata

It's been over a year since I finally decided that Cali and I were just never going to be able to be happy together. She wanted to be snuggled and loved and I wanted to provide it to her but, every time we tried, I had severe allergic reactions to her. Having her here and not being able to love on her was breaking my heart and she pined for attention. She is now in a setting that is loving and peaceful and I've taken awhile to come to terms with the loss and settle in.

Now it feels like time for a new little furball to join our home, so we began the search. It really didn't take long, a close friend had taken in a stray just as she delivered six kittens. The babes were raised in the house with much love and human interaction. Tuesday night a little marmalade tabby male journeyed here to the Shadow's Hold to interview for the position of lap warmer and general mischief maker. We spent 3 hours together, he wandered the house exploring, and I made sure to get a good dose of cat in all the places that can set off my allergies. Absolutely no reaction to the little guy. I am ecstatic. Sunday afternoon, Prussia (Prush for short) will come to his new home.

Yep, the colors in the picture are accurate, he's almost exactly the color of the carpet. It should make the first few weeks interesting until we find the spots where he thinks it's neat to hide.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Tremayne

Congrats on your new little buddy, Esc!
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

Queen Bonnie

AWWW- how cute, Esc!. Why did I not think of matching my cats to my carpet? LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!

groomporter

:-[
Selkie, our grey cat has an abscess or something behind her right eye causing it to bulge out. She's on eye salve, antibiotics, an anti-inflammatory, and a pain killer, it's just a wait and see thing now. Based on an ultrasound the abscess is not a defined area that can be drained, more of a general inflamed/swollen area behind her eye. She was a little perkier when she got home today compared to when we took her to the ER Sunday morning, but that may be because she is on pain killers. Glad we have more than one cat and at varying ages, I'ld hate to lose her and be totally cat-less
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

CatAshtrophy

Awww, poor kitty. Have they checked the cats teeth to make sure they are not infected? My cat had infected teeth and it gave her symptoms in her eyes and nose for years. I had no idea that was the cause until after she had her teeth pulled. She had been to the vet many times and they noticed her eyes being goopy, but nobody ever connected it to her teeth.

I hope your cat gets better.

groomporter

Yeah, we had all three cat's teeth checked in April when their shots were updated since we've had tooth issues with our past older "kids" and her teeth seem to be OK. The blood tests are also checking for a fungal infection which can come from soil infected by pigeon droppings. -She slips outside once in a while especially if we're out lounging on the patio she wants to be out to party too. Another possibility is she -might- have bit down on something that pierced her soft pallet and introduced bacteria. A least the swelling seems to be down for now although she hasn't eaten anything since we brought her home.

groomporter

Well, baring complications the Selkie cat seems to have turned the corner. Although her eye is very red, the swelling is down quite a bit. She's been demanding pets once in a while, she's eating and drinking finally as of this afternoon, and she even tried to convince me to let her outside.

-Knocking on wood. It was a little scary how fast her eye began to swell/bulge out in just a couple hours on Sunday morning after we noticed she was acting rather lethargic. Now it's just a matter of torturing her with drugs for another week or so, fortunately it's all in liquid form so its easier to administer than pills.

Queen Bonnie

Cats are strong little creatures! Glad your kitty is doing better. It is hard when they don't feel good!
My poor Tachi has to have 2 pills each day for the rest of his life. He is good about taking them- but he hates it. He has thyroid disease. The pills really help!
Wingardium Leviosa!

C Dragonworks

Looks like I am getting 2 new puddytats soon.... they will be working cats I hope as the mouse population is horrid!!!! I will post pics when I get them... they will be outside/barn cats but that is good as my 2 inside cats would not tolerate any new kitties here!!! Both are older and set in their ways.   So much to do.... Back to work! Cat

Escarlata

Hold good thoughts for Prussia please. Tomorrow we take care of the little boy issue before he realizes that he's a little boy. He's growing very fast, is extremely curious, and well loved. He thinks there's something inside the printer that must be killed, wishes there was a way to get to the bird feeder from the office window, and is sure that any level surface in the house is made for his enjoyment. He has assigned me the duties of mushball and sanitation engineer. The Ranger is the official toy retrieval and nourishment replishment officer. All in all, he has us well trained and is getting the Shadow's Hold exactly the way he wants it.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

dbaldock

If there are any forum members in the DFW area, there's some Siamese-mix kittens available for adoption.  This message was posted today on the ORAC Sci-Fi Club Yahoo Group:

Quote from: James
Kittens up for adoption

http://www.dontbuyarlington.com/images/kittens/

The blind Siamese feral that I finally caught in April was pregnant and had five kittens 7 weeks ago. They're all well-socialized and doing well, and will be ready to adopt in a few weeks. I've already got 8 rescues that I'm caring for.

I am keeping the mom because it wasn't her fault to be born blind and abandoned, plus I know that there's nobody that would ever take care of her if I don't.  That makes 9 that I'm keeping and just can't handle 14 cats so the kittens have to go no matter what.

The blue-eyed brown-nosed kitty and the chocolate brown one seem to be spoken for off of craigslist for now but that may change as craigslist seems to have a lot of flakes on it lately.

All but the brown-nosed are female.

Let me know ASAP if someone would like to provide a home for a kitty.

James

I can put you in contact with James if you're interested in the kittens, and don't want to join the ORAC Yahoo Group.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

C Dragonworks

Well My 2 new kitties came home and for a day were outside cats... then Oreo made it clear he was not an outside cat... then right after the storm came through Angus Mc Pussycat moved into the castle as well! They are the most precocious adorable kittens.... I will get pics soon....  And both drink IPA beer with me! Cat