News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Royal Felines

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 14, 2008, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen_of_Navarre

If anyone would like the chance to own a rare hairless cat ( Sphynx) my friend Larry is selling out his cattery. His prices are very reasonable considering how expensive this cats are. If anyone is interested email me and I will forward your email to Larry.
firehillqueen@aol.com
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

Queen Bonnie

Sphynx cats are rare and cute!
I wish I had room for one more- but 6 cats- 3 are senior cats- are enough here.Alas!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Blue66669

Here is the Royal Feline from Skycastle Manor (my dungeon LOL). His name is Phantom, and by the end of this faire season, he will have been with us for a whole YEAR!!!

Blaidd Drwg

Queen Bonnie

What a cutie!  See you soon, Blue!
Wingardium Leviosa!

PurpleDragon

Quote from: blue66669 on September 26, 2008, 11:12:25 AM
Here is the Royal Feline from Skycastle Manor (my dungeon LOL). His name is Phantom, and by the end of this faire season, he will have been with us for a whole YEAR!!!

He's a cutie.. but he's a WUSS too ;)  ~giggles~
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Blue66669

Quote from: PurpleDragon on September 30, 2008, 08:52:43 AM

Cram it PYRATE, or I'll confiscate your Victoria's Secret card...
Blaidd Drwg

PurpleDragon

Quote from: blue66669 on September 30, 2008, 09:06:40 AM
Quote from: PurpleDragon on September 30, 2008, 08:52:43 AM

Cram it PYRATE, or I'll confiscate your Victoria's Secret card...

What??? He was ACTING like one ;) So, maybe he is not actually a wuss, but he acted like one ;) Yeah, I know... big differance.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Zoë

:(

My boy Nugget has not been doing too well the last few days.  When we returned from Santa Fe almost 3 weeks ago, we discovered a huge walnut-sized lump on his back leg in between his ankle and his knee.  It didn't look or feel like a reaction to a bug bite, because it was really hard.  He took a trip to the vet, and the doc said it was possible he had hit his leg (we wouldn't know as we were gone for the weekend, even though someone was checking on the cats and dog daily) and the swelling was a result of some of the fluid in his bones had come out.  He pulled out some of the fluid, hoping it would have pus in it (which would mean an infection) but there wasn't any.  So he's not exactly sure what it is, and he did not rule out bone cancer.  He said it was a very big possibility, even though he is a really healthy cat otherwise, considering his age.  He is somewhere between 14-16 years old, we're not sure because we found him as a stray 12 years ago.

Nugget's been on a round of antibiotics and some other anti-inflammatory drugs this week to see if it would help the swelling any.  He's been taking the drugs since Friday, and nothing has really happened.  The decrease in swelling has been so minimal it's barely possible to tell.  But, more concerning still, he's been vomiting almost daily for about a week now.  And it's really like, projectile puke.  I've never seen anything like it. 

Today, he refused to come out of his kennel in the morning, dad had to pull him out.  And he's been refusing to eat or drink all day.  (Last night, he ate all his soft food and spit the pill in it back out again.)  He won't even eat cheese, which is his favorite human food treat.  (Usually we have to keep him away from the queso dip, because he loves it--now we're begging him to eat it and he won't.) 

I believe he is going to go back to the vet on Friday for x-rays and more tests to determine if it is cancer.  I really hope that he perks up a bit, and maybe today he is just not feeling too good.  Either way, it really makes me sad...:(

This is him, last Christmas.  His ear folded over last year after getting a hematoma in it--the vet did not lance it correctly and the cartilage in his ear basically collapsed.  It doesn't bother him though.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Queen Bonnie

Hugs Zoe. It does not sound good. Especially the not eating part. Let us know what it is. He is a sweet looking kitty. I had one with a crumpled ear a long time ago.
I hope Nugget will be OK.
My Tachi just got diagnosed with Diabetes- on top of Thyroid disease. Trying to figure out how to deal with his meds and still go to faire.He is my very special cat.
Wingardium Leviosa!

PurpleDragon

If he is not eating there is definitely something wrong with him. (Which you already knew from the growth on the leg).  I hope the vet can figure it out and get it fixed.

One of our brood of felines (Baron Von Scruffinator) has a similar sitution with his ear where there was an owie there and it did not heal right so now the ear is "bent" over.  Doesnt' bother him either. 
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Zoë

He is doing better the last few days and is definitely eating again.  He finished off all his medication but nothing happened to the lump on his leg, it is still there.  So we are still awaiting the final diagnosis, but it looks like it will probably end up being cancer.  There are not many other options for his kind of symptoms and the lump.  He has also been drinking a LOT which is apparently one of the signs.  So we will see what happens.  If it turns out to be cancer the only thing that could be done would be amputating the leg at the hip, which would be very expensive, so we are thinking we will most likely let him live it out, as it were.  With the exception of that one bad day, he seems to be doing okay otherwise, and until he really starts to get miserable, he should be okay.  I will keep you updated on him. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Queen Bonnie

Eating again is good news! I had a cat with lymphoma. Went to Texas A&M and had him diagnosed and got meds. Expensive and only bought him about a month extra time. Never easy!  I also had an amputee cat. He was young and did OK on 3 legs. Even hunted. It was a lot to go through though.
Hope your kitty does well.
Hugs, Zoe.
Wingardium Leviosa!

PurpleDragon

My Fairemily,

Please add one of our Royal Felines, Joseph (pictured below with Monster the Mighty Mauler), to your thoughts and prayers.  He is currently at the vets with an IV Catheter and IV Fluids to hopefully fix his problem.  Sometime between the time he was let out on Sunday morning (all was well at that point), and when we got home, he became blocked and unable to urinate. I took him to the emergency hospital when we got home (1:30 AM Monday) and Amalphia picked him up at 6:30 AM Monday to get him to our regular vet.

I did get to go by and visit him yesterday.  When he saw me coming he headbutted the cagedoor and as I opened the door and reached for him he headbutted my hand and began purring loudly.  The vet took this as a good sign, however he had not eaten yet by that time.  I have not yet gotten another update from the vets, and am waiting for Amalphia to let me know if she gets one.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Queen Bonnie

Joseph is in our thoughts and prayers! I hope he recovers! The urinary problems come on fast. I had one cat that had it. He had a plumbing operation and lived for many years with no problems! Hugs! Sad to hear of ailing kitties.
Wingardium Leviosa!

PurpleDragon

Joseph update;

He ate overnight on Monday (YEAH), we should hear something today as to if there was any damage to his kidneys, and hopefully he will be coming home tonight.  We miss him bunches.  It wasn't the same the last couple nights going to sleep without him purring on my chest. 
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove