News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Tour of the Grounds

Started by rengypsy, December 28, 2008, 06:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

I am interested to know how many of you would be interested in touring the grounds in its rustic form?

There are no facilities (ie. no restrooms or running water) on the property, though by the 24th of January, there might be water...as I am applying for the Aqua Water Coop to bring water line to the land tomorrow.

Some of the main gravel roads will be intact by that date.

Here is what I was thinking:

Meet at the land around 3pm
Walk around the twenty+ acres where the first year faire will be.
Sit around and chat about any ideas yall have and drink a pint or three of ale (compliments of the host)
then, depart around dark...so folk can make it home from Houston, San Antonio and Austin at a decent hour.

There is a burn ban still in effect, thus a camp fire is out.  Sigh.  Maybe it will be lifted before that date, but I wouldn't plan on it.

Let me know if you are interested and if you'd like anything else to take place that afternoon.

I will have site plans to hand out...and brochures/posters for those who would be so kind to distribute them in your community.

Also, please sign up for emails or newsletter/announcements on the website (www.sherwoodforestfaire.com or www.swf-faire.com)...and its the link at the top where the scribe's pen and ink well are located.

Many thanks,

Rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

MacLaren

I know I'm planning on being there!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Lord Dragonspyre

Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

*Teach*

Making my plans now, we should be there also

*have you planted the rum trees yet?*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Master Benjamin

Planning on being there the 24th w/wife but no youngun's this time. Will be ready to get away even for only a few hours.
Scotsman, Reiver, Smuggler
***DOWN WITH TAXES***

PyroMaster

Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.

rengypsy

at this rate, a couple six packs will suffice to squelch the thirst of those signed up. 

hoping i will have to provide several kegs of good ale.

check your calendars and sign up, friends.

MacLaren

Fear not, there's a bit of time left. I'm sure the turnout will be good!

Three weeks is enough time to get people together.
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

*Teach*

I'll make sure and point out the tour tomorrow at the San Antonio gathering.
(If you're available... come on out!)

*Maybe you should offer rum too... it would get me to come out... wait... I'm already coming... dangit*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Moon Dawg

I could post it on my mailing last and website if ya like. And the AARG is that night as well so we could all go to the Dog and Duck afterwards, I am.
M)D
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

rengypsy

apologies for not knowing what aarg is, but i am assuming its an austin gathering of rennies.  if yall dont mind the lack of facilities, feel free to make your gathering on the land following the tour.  i think some of us will likely be hanging around, drinking a few more pints and probably drumming, howling at the moon and the like until 10 or 12 that nite.

mpullen

Wish I could make it, but I can't drive after dark, especially in an unknown area (no night vision).

Once things get rolling, I'd love to bring the travel trailer up, so that I could crash for the night and drive back the next day. Unfortunately the trailer will be down at Seawolf Park in Galveston for the next month or so for the volunteers to live in while we get busy restoring the military display. We took major damage there during Ike and we have been waiting on the contractor bids to get approved by the park board. Now we have to get the fishing boat from under the Stewart and get the Stewart moved back into place. Hopefully we will be ready for Memorial Day.

rengypsy

i wonder

i wonder when others walk these woods
if they will feel the magic
and see the faire as it will be
upon opening day

an act of faith
a dash of insanity
pixy dust dripping off
a sweaty brow

an acrobat
a fool
a troubadour or two
a gypsy and a drunken pirate

the sounds of drums
of kids laughing
of winds blowing through the trees
exhausted exhilaration

the sheriff
robin
his merry men
and fairies everywhere

Thomas Eagle

I think that sounds like a good idea, marking calender for sure, possibly Ally if she is not working that dayl.
Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

fireworks guy

"Whining is just anger forced through a small hole."