News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Tour of the Grounds

Started by rengypsy, December 28, 2008, 06:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messyn McCleavage

Is there water, or do we dig holes to make our own porta-privvy?  ???

I'll be there, just need to be prepared!
Gneonach Gnomie - SW Houston, TX

rengypsy

no water. digging is definitely permissible.  sorry for the rustic adventure.  but i hear most of the roads are in the week. been in dc at the inauguration with my wife and two young sons.
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

rengypsy

there are roads as of this week.  no real place close to hook up to electrical, except by the cabin. unsure of what size volt/watt needs you'd have tho...

but hell yeah, or bring a generator.

MacLaren

If I can jack into a 220 socket, I'll be good to go. Not worried about location for the trailer. Just need power for a few lights, and the heater's fan and controls at night.
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

RenRobin

Wish I could make it out,but cedar is kicking my arse.  Have fun ya'll!!
Loki-terr (in training)

rengypsy

apologies. i am fairly certain there is no 220 outlet.  there is an old cabin on site, but no 220 that i know of.  generator is acceptable. 

Lady Runa

One half of Bedlam Bazaar will be there.  If I hadn't destroyed my knee this week both of us would be there.  She's riding up with a couple who also want to be part of the beginning of SWF.

Lady Runa
Lady Runa of The Thundering Herd
IWG Local 13, #3663
Member of the Barony of Ravens Fort (SCA)

rengypsy

awesome.  so appreciative of all the support.  look forward to having all of your input and ideas and creative spirits.  rengypsy

Messyn McCleavage

Since there's a burn ban, what are the dinner plans? Going into town to a restaurant or propane camp stoves?
Gneonach Gnomie - SW Houston, TX

rengypsy

think its up to individuals. this is more of an impromptu event after the walking tour, though we will have an enclosed fireplace type contraption to generate some heat and be a focal point for gathering around.  propane cooking is surely permissable. 

i am providing the drink!

Queen Bonnie

What is the parking there like? I am a nervous driver!
LOL! Leave me room folks! Beware the MeowMobile! Yellow Mustang convt. I plan to come- in garb. Or maybe my evil twin might come instead? There are restaurants in Elgin- not too far away if folks want to go out.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

MacLaren

I'll be out early afternoon. No trailer, though. Couldn't get out of work early enough to get to the courthouse to get it legal. Oh, well. Such is life sometimes. I'll still be there with kilt on!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

rengypsy

parking is fine.  there is a long gravel road where folk will just park. no worries.

rengypsy

Hear Ye!
Hear Ye!

COME HITHER THIS DAY TO PAIGE, TEXAS!!!

Nice Rennie Weather

Good Brew

Great Fellowship

Follow the white rock gravel road down to the blue tent

See ya soon

Master Benjamin

Due to a recent heart attack Lady Katherine and I will not be able to attend as we had planned but we wish everyone have a good time at the viewing of the new Faire grounds.
Scotsman, Reiver, Smuggler
***DOWN WITH TAXES***