News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Tour of the Grounds

Started by rengypsy, December 28, 2008, 06:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rosaline

Sorry I didn't make it out to the grounds. By the time I made it to Giddings area it was already 6:30 and very cold, so I just went I on into Austin and headed to ARRG. I did however get Molden to bring me some posters and cards, which I will pass out around Corpus Christi.    
    Is there going to be another gathering at the grounds?
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

rengypsy

yes, we will have several.  one in late february...though i doubt aqua water will have our water tap to us by that time.  and then for a camping weekend when the water and septic system is in.

keep the talk happening about the faire, please.  we need all of your energies and voices.

received two vendor apps today.  surely need more artists and artisans to jump in and commit to being there for the first year.

peace all!

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Lady Runa

Well both halves of Bedlam Bazaar made it up there.  I love ace bandages!!!  The site has such great potential, I can't wait to see it with less sand going up my nose.  It was well worth the distance and the cold to see the place, meet others and dream the dream.

Lady Runa of The Thundering Herd
IWG Local 13, #3663
Member of the Barony of Ravens Fort (SCA)

rengypsy

sure appreciate the work moondog is doing on behalf of getting the word and pics out about sherwood.  we will try to host another gathering around the end of february to mark the one year time before the gates are flung open to sherwood forest faire's first year.

peace,

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

*Teach*

I think you should have the weekend of Febuary 28th. Not that I have an actual birthday this year, but that is as close as it gets to mine.
I prolly wont stay the night, just to easy to come home lol. But I love the idea of spending an unbirthday surrounded by ren-friends and a faire in the making.

*And Someone Can Make a Rumcake to bring!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! I love unbirthdays! I am having one too!  I plan to spend lots of Unbirthdays at SFF!
Rumcake sounds grand Teach! Alas! Baking is nothing I excel at.  I will help eat it though! LOL!
Looking forward to the Feb gathering!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Moon Dawg

Last weekend I nearly froze my bootie off out there and most of the pic's I took were of the mob. This weekend under sunny skies and not being rushed I returned and took my time exploring the site. With the sun shining down I could see how much shade there would be for those hot (yes we have them in Texas) February and March days and I am happy to say that even with the leaves off the hardwood trees there are enough big pines to give shade on the forest floor.

The site itself is even better looking in the sun than it was last weekend. When finished it will really look like a English Game park or a Robin Hood movie set. There is a spring fed lake that stays full year round and supplies a small creek and the future "Adult" section is the best part of the grounds as far as I am concerned. I am really looking forward to this place opening and I will return as work progresses on the site.
Namaste
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

http://www.pygmypony.net

Sherwood Forest Site Pic's PT2: http://www.pygmypony.net/Sherwood%20Forest/SherwoodForest.htm
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

Lady Runa

Word is getting out big time.  After our Populace meeting last time we invaded our usual watering hole.  One of the Barony's members came up to me and said he had seen pictures of me from the walk-about.  We hadn't told him that we had gone up there, no clue how he came across the pictures but the word is spreading...

Lady Runa
Lady Runa of The Thundering Herd
IWG Local 13, #3663
Member of the Barony of Ravens Fort (SCA)