News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

new dates

Started by Mistress Charlotte, March 23, 2009, 07:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistress Charlotte

Did anybody else get the new dates.  August 29/30 through Oct 3/4
or is this old news.... I havn't been on in a while....
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Professor M

I'm hearing from vendors that they were just notified today.  So it's "new" news.  :)
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

For the life of me, I can't think of a single reason that's not a good thing.  It extends our faire season a bit and eliminates the real hot one.  If it doesn't snow early, it will be even nicer with the leaves turning.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Mistress Charlotte

Yeah... I got notification today...  but I wasn't sure if the cast had already known...

I'm thinking the same thing Terry..... It gives me one more "prominent weekend of work" back here in CO as it is the busy season. And I'm also thinking it's trading a hot day for a cool day...  It does get cooler down in the dell and darker too..  I'm hoping that more people would be encouraged to come out in the cooler weather...

did you say snow?? 
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on March 23, 2009, 10:59:39 PM
It does get cooler down in the dell and darker too..  I'm hoping that more people would be encouraged to come out in the cooler weather...

did you say snow?? 

Snow isn't likely but I supose it has happened before.  It always gets dark though.  That will shorten the day and may be a problem with no lights in the lanes.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Scarlett

The dates are posted on their website too.  I like the later run personally.  More of chance to wear the fall garb, cloaks, etc.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Mistress Charlotte

Yes... a perfect excuse for me to buy a cloak....
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Professor M

I can think of some down-sides, but I think the benefits outweight them.  I guess we looked good during parades in our cold-weather clothes.  I'm just eager to get started, and now I have to wait an extra week.  Whaa!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

kcdcchef

Quote from: Professor M on March 24, 2009, 03:53:16 PM
I can think of some down-sides, but I think the benefits outweight them.  I guess we looked good during parades in our cold-weather clothes.  I'm just eager to get started, and now I have to wait an extra week.  Whaa!

huzzah!! when i had heard earlier from my soap lady that they were considering a longer run this year, perhaps they were just considering changing the dates, which, they now have. this is good news, it is just soo darned hot in august.

anne of oaktower

Hmmmm...this might mean actually keepin' me boots on me feet for a whole day.   Won'er what the cap'n'll say ta that?    ; :D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

kcdcchef

with our little planet getting hotter, i simply detest faire in august. i can deal with it in september, and love it with all of my heart in october!! i can only imagine the arizona or texas fest, i would be in hell.

Dev

w00t.

longer faire season = more opportunities to go!

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Dev on March 24, 2009, 07:39:11 PM
w00t.

longer faire season = more opportunities to go!

Sadly, it's still only six weekends Dev.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

kcdcchef

Quote from: anne of oaktower on March 24, 2009, 08:27:51 PM

Sadly, it's still only six weekends Dev.

i thought so at first too. i keep hoping for a nice 8 week run. would coincide with columbus day, give them an excuse to open on a monday in october.

renniemommy

ARRRGH! the new dates are the DEATH of me!!!! now there are no weekends between Pittsburgh and TRF which means the hubby and kids have 5 days to tear down at pittsburgh DRIVE TO HOUSTON and set up there. AND I miss a weekend of Maryland...causing me to lose ooooooddles of money.
I say FEH.
moming and renning go together like scotch eggs and mustard