News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Just a little early

Started by BLAKDUKE, December 29, 2008, 02:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrilla

Blakduke, I know you will enjoy this festival.  Even tho I have not had the chance to visit since the "changes" have occurred.  The cast that I have played with, and guest are great fun! 

Professor M

Quote from: Syrilla on February 18, 2009, 09:54:20 AM
Blakduke, I know you will enjoy this festival.  Even tho I have not had the chance to visit since the "changes" have occurred.  The cast that I have played with, and guest are great fun! 

Aw shucks, ma'am.  You flatter us.

I hope you have the opportunity to join us again someday soon.  We miss you.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

BLAKDUKE

So far so good.  Even though our vacation maybe only 1 week instead of 2, PRF is still on the way so it would be foolish to pass it by.  We have made other alterations to accomodate it.  I have done some mapquest searching and as of now the closest campground is the KOA on Waltz Mill Road about 2 exits/3 miles up the expressway.  the others that mapquest brought up are either 20/40 miles away.  Any other campground close by that mapquest did not pick up that be less exspensive???   Really looking forward to this excursion. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

BLAKDUKE

Things are beginning to pile up and I may have to make some changes and/or alterations in plans.  Question.  It has been stated that this is a small faire.  With that how long would it take to completely circumnavigate the faire 1 time.  Taking into consideration taking in no shows but just shopping and maybe a lunch break for food and drink.   

kilted one

I would suggest to give yourself at least 3 hours to really get around visit the shops get some food and what not.  This may be a bit much time for you, but probably safer to give yourself more time than less.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Professor M

Quote from: kilted one on March 20, 2009, 11:02:31 AM
I would suggest to give yourself at least 3 hours to really get around visit the shops get some food and what not.  This may be a bit much time for you, but probably safer to give yourself more time than less.

I would not question the wisdom of the town's mayor.  3 hours sounds right.

When I used to give tours, they took about an hour.  That was without shopping, but with a lot of stops for telling anecdotes.  Add the shopping and the meals, and a few minutes to see if the guy lying in the road is still alive (that's Kip - he does that), and it's going to take 3 hours easy.

But you should really spend the day.  You'll miss so much if you don't.  I'm biased, but I think our cast interaction is the best anywhere.  So stay and chat awhile.
~ C.S. Lewis

BLAKDUKE

M'lord

A lot will depend on things that I cannot foretell.  We have friends coming down from Minnesota to spend the day and if they can make it(vacation time off, having a job, you know those unimportant things), than it shall be a full day.   We are on a weeks vacation ourselves and My daughter lives in Rochester NY and I have a friend to visit in Albany.  If I have to go to Albany then leaving early on Saturday(2 - 3 PM) makes the best use of the limited time that I have.   However long or short I do look forward to my visit to your shire.

kilted one

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on March 23, 2009, 11:26:59 AM
 However long or short I do look forward to my visit to your shire.

Well we most certainly look forward to greeting you in our happy little corner of the world.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

BLAKDUKE

Hola all,  it's me again seeking some info.

I just viewed the photo spread from last year.  In one I noticed a sign about the ratcatcher.
Question who is the ratcatcher, is it Jim Greene??  If so then my next question is moot,
if not then will the shire ratcatcher engage in any rat-pucking???????

Question:  does the shire have, by any chance, a fencing corral where in someone could engage in a bit of sport, if the joints in the body are willing??????

Scarlett

Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Terry Griffith

Over the years, there have been several different people cast as "Ratcatcher".  It seems to be part of the formula for a "Renaissance Festival".  Steve Chandler was cast as the Ratcatcher last year but only for part of the season.

This year's cast has not been called together yet so who knows. 

The sign that Blakduke saw has been hanging in that area for many years.

It would be a suggestion for the ED and/or the Artistic Director.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

BLAKDUKE

Well then, in that case we may NOT hold a tournament, but if any one has a pucking rat and pucking stick we may practice.
Terry any word on the fencng corral.

Terry Griffith

Would that I were in a position to answer for the Powers That Be. 

Like I said, a good suggestion for the ED and AD.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Professor M

My memory is a bit fuzzy, as all of the past years seem to blur together, but we did, at one time, have a fencing area.  The combatants wore suits that incorporated 3 balloons.  The first to burst the other's balloons was declared winner.  Hmmm...the more I think of it, the more certain I am that this happened years ago, and the space is no longer available.

We don't have rat pucking in Morelandshire.  It seems immensely popular at the Great Lakes Medieval Faire in Ohio, but I'm not aware of many enthusiastic "puckers" in our area.
~ C.S. Lewis

BLAKDUKE

Oh  Well   M'Lady and I will have to satisfy ourselves with shopping and drinking at the pub.  A most admirable substitute WOT??l