News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For the love of the elves!

Started by Aderin, June 05, 2013, 04:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aderin

Three cheers for elves!!

What is it that you love about the elves? Their beauty? Magic? Longevity? Please, share!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Aderin

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on June 05, 2013, 07:03:42 PM
They make cookies!

LOL! Indeed good sire! The Keebler variety are wonderful chefs!

Aderin

Oh C'mon! Nobody loves the elves? :P

I LOVE the city of Lothorien in LOTR, where the elves live high up in trees (symbolizing their love of nature) and have special trees that produce golden leaves during the fall and they don't shed until the Spring where they coat the ground in gold!

Pinn

Destination Truth was looking for elves in Iceland not long ago... Wonder if they found any....
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Aderin

Would be awesome! I am a firm believer in the previous existence of dragons!

Trillium

I love the elves connection with nature, their grace & beauty & strength.  The best way to coax them out is with meade, drums, and flutes.  And remember, what happens in the grove, stays in the grove.....   :-X  ;D
Got faerie dust?

Aderin

Quote from: Trillium on June 11, 2013, 09:13:26 AM
I love the elves connection with nature, their grace & beauty & strength.  The best way to coax them out is with meade, drums, and flutes.  And remember, what happens in the grove, stays in the grove.....   :-X  ;D

Hahaha, Indeed! The grove is a groovy place to be!

I wonder why they love music / singing so much???

Elennare

Quote from: Aderin on June 12, 2013, 05:58:22 AM
I wonder why they love music / singing so much???

Because the world is made of music, and it's so pretty we just can't help but join in. :)
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Aderin

Beautiful and wise words, I thank thee for them! I find my human ears slowly becoming more elvish, if what you are saying is indeed true!

turlough dubh

the ears!!! lol but for real, i have always loved elves , elfquest being one of my favorite comics from a very young age, cant really say exactly why , besides them cute ears
seeker in the north

Aderin

^ ELF COMICS!?  :o I am intrigued and searching for them now!

Tazjia Swiftsail

Totally! ElfQuest is pretty nifty. I have an issue laying around here somewhere.
Tazjia Swiftsail at your service!
Me: ~renaissance festival addict|animal lover extraordinaire|nature lover|landlocked Pirate Queen|ink addict~

turlough dubh

http://www.elfquest.com/social/index.php
here is a link to the elfquest web page, these comics have been around longer than i have i think, lol, but you can check out there archives online and read all the comics, :)
seeker in the north

Aderin