News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Coming to visit the faire

Started by LadyStitch, December 30, 2008, 07:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

My husband, my  self,  our friend and his girlfriend are planning on coming closing weekend this year.   We were curious about it and wanted to know if there would be any friendly faces from the boards there.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Cosima

I actually just moved to Long Beach from Ohio a couple of months ago. My boyfriend and his social circle friends have been attending Southern for a few years now. I'll be going as often as possible this coming season. I'm rather excited to check out a new Faire. Perhaps we'll run in to your group closing weekend.

Blushing

For all that I've been in Colorado for several years now ... I try to make this faire at least once - if not more - during the run.  I'll let you know if closing weekend is one weekend I'll make.

I will say this much ... opening and closing parade are ... interesting the final day!

And if you have any questions ... post away.   ;D
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Carl Heinz

Look for the guy with the mobility scooter disguised as a hobby horse.

I'm either scootering around or lurking in the Cuthbert guild yard.  I'm there most days.  However, it generally gets a bit warm toward the end of the run and I sometimes stay home.  Wife, Judy, is almost always there.  She's in the Cuthbert spinning demo area.

Also check www.renfair.com.  They were having a twofer on tickets.  Don't know if that's still running, though.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

LadyStitch

We just want to know we have friendly faces while there.  It would be nice to share an ale with friends. :)   When we typically go to local faires we either go with several people we know, or  know most of the vendors there anyway.   Nice to meet new people.  ;D

Luciana

I will try to be there for the closing weekend and maybe for another one or two days in April.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Sir Michael Geare

I will be there the whole run since I work it.  Do come out if you can and say hi if you happen to see me.  I unfortunately won't be wearing my R/F pin since it won't go with my character.
'The exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it
increases strength, and sharpens the wits.'

LadyStitch

Luciana

Quote from: kronos on February 19, 2009, 11:36:35 PM
I will be there the whole run since I work it.  Do come out if you can and say hi if you happen to see me.  I unfortunately won't be wearing my R/F pin since it won't go with my character.

Kronos ... what character are you playing?

I will wear my pin and I hope you'll get a chance to meet you.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

as my dog thinks I am.

Blushing

Kronos wears many hats ... but usually someone in the Friends of Faire garden has an idea of where he might be.

I'll be there closing week too!  Wearing my pin on my hat.  Huzzah! ;D

Luciana

I'm not sure what I will wear the closing weekend ... I may be a gypsy or a noble lady or even my wenchy self. But my R/F pin will be there, proudly displayed.

Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

as my dog thinks I am.

Blushing

I'll certainly be a wench ... although if the weather (and luggage space) cooperates I might don my Italian nobles.  I highly doubt I can finish my captain's coat in time.

Oh, I wish my visit was closer!

Cosima

I am finally making it out to Faire this Saturday for my birthday. It's been a month long battle with my employers to get even part of the weekend off >.> But, somehow I prevailed! I'll be there with my boyfriend and two of our other friends. I am very excited.

Carl Heinz

Check out the Drabbit (aka Al Alfaro Puppets) booth.  They're visiting from Pennsylvania and you'll probably see quite a few of them walking around at Faire.  :)
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Blushing

Happiest of natal days to you, Cosima ... enjoy the faire!

I'm making my own birthday trip to the faire in over a week, and can hardly wait!  =)

Kruzar

I just got back from the faire on Sunday, and had even more fun than the first time.

This time, I actually sat down and did several of the Queen's college things and this is a wonderful program for anyone interested in something different to do.  For mine, I learned how to do several variety of chain mail weaves, and now have a pretty cool hobby to keep up with. 

I am very impressed with this faire, and look forward to going some more.
Gentleman Rogue