News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New chat system.

Started by Tom, December 04, 2008, 06:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

OK - I've installed a new chat system and tied it to the home page. To use it you need to login to www.renaissancefestival.com (it's a separate login from the forum) and the link to it will appear on the top menu. If you want more rooms added let me know in this thread. After I get some feedback about it I'll change the link at the top of this page to go to the new chat.

Let me know if it works OK.

Thanks,

Tom
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

renren

seems to work, but I haven't seem anyone else in there @ the same time!  :)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

lordwriothsley

Just the other day as I was trying to get into the chat room it kept telling me that I was not logged in and that I did not have access to get in.Does anyone know what is going on cause I thought that all you had to do to get into the chat room was click on the link and you would automatically be there.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Tom

The new chat system requires a login for the main site, not the forum. When you are at http://www.renaissancefestival.com you can login using the CB Login box in the left hand column. If you don't have a user for the main site you can register one by clicking the register link in the same place.
Thanks,

Tom

lordwriothsley

Well in the few times I tried logging in I tried using my name for these forums and apparently the message I got told me that my name was not accessible.Do I need to register with a whole new account and password just to get into the chat?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Tom

The short answer is yes, you need to setup an account on the main site. The main site and the forum don't share accounts. I am trying to synchronize the two but I do not have a time frame as to when I will have it done.
Thanks,

Tom

Celtic Lady

I'm glad to see someone else was having the same problem as I did yesterday. I had been able to get into chat without problem up until yesterday without incidence.

Sonata

I just found out I can access chat from work (shhhh), and am sitting in there at the moment. I may not respond right away if I'm taking a call, but feel free to come in and be sociable :D
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett