News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Attention Characters and Creative Writers

Started by Katie Bookwench, January 02, 2009, 04:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Bookwench

Good Morrow, Good People (and Yes, the bad ones too)!

Some veteran Cast members might recall a series of story writing assignments we were made to do back in...what? 1999? They involved our
characters, and were relatively short stories or vignettes that were
eventually collected into one large volume of tales and disbersed to
Cast at the end of the rehearsal period.

I still have a copy of this volume (go figure), and recently had a chance to sit down to read some of the tales again... it was a fun and fascinating
look at many of the characters in Hollygrove at that time.

Thus inspired, I thought it might be time to try this project again, but this time, opening it up to more characters than just those in the resident cast at MiRF.

That's right....I know there are several 'characters' that play in the villiage of Hollygrove that are not part of the resident performers, and may have a story to tell. This would be an opporutnity to flex some creative muscles, and share their tales with the world.

Once compiled, I will make available copies of the finished volume for any interested parties. AT MOST, the charge for the copies would be the cost of producing them (the price of copies and binding at Kinkos.).

If you are interested in submitting a story for this project, which for the present, is titled "Tales from Hollygrove" you may email me off list for more information. 

my email is: minx68-AT-yahoo-DOT-com

PLEASE NOTE: This is really just an experimental project for those of us who live and play on the streets of Hollygrove. I do not intend to make any money off of this book, and in no way, shape, or form is this project affiliated with, or representative of, management of MiRF or any other Faire/Festival.

let your creative juju flow freely!

Tracy/Katheryn O'Connell
(Bookwench)
Keeper of Books/Teller of Tales
Hollygrove Library/Library Annex

(message will be x-posted as necesary)

Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57