News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

On the rehearsal road to opening gate!!!

Started by Don Giovanni de' Medici, January 04, 2009, 04:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Giovanni de' Medici

Well Everyone,

It seems we may be on our way to another great faire season.  Got the phone call today and will see you fellow cast members this coming weekend!  Huzzah!

~Visconte Vincente
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
Ambasciatore del Granducato della Toscana
"Dio conserva il Papa"

Libby Stella

So if you've never been frog kissing
Then you don't know what you've been missin'
~Frog Kissin' - Brobdingnagian Bards

Cpt. Black Shadow

congrats on ye who made it ye shall see me working for a vendor
I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

Auryn

congratulations
I will be going on the first weekend (can't miss highland games).
I'd love to stop by and say hi
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Don Giovanni de' Medici

Who else will be at rehearsal this weekend?  What was everyone cast as?
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
"Dio conserva il Papa"

Don Giovanni de' Medici

So a successful weekend of rehearsal this past Sat. I would say.  I am excited as with any show to get to the character stuff an interaction.  How is everyone else feeling?  Are there any of you one here since the board was revamped?  LOL!
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
"Dio conserva il Papa"

calien

Libby Stella

This is going to sound bad, but do any of you have the homework written down? I can't find where I wrote it!

But I am super pumped!!!!
So if you've never been frog kissing
Then you don't know what you've been missin'
~Frog Kissin' - Brobdingnagian Bards

Don Giovanni de' Medici

Sure thing,

I homework was to look for, and I assume bring with you, 5 lines from the King James Version of the bible to learn the verse of speech from the era.  Hope that helps.

~Visconte Vincente
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
"Dio conserva il Papa"

calien

You were also  supposed to find something from the era 1530's  to 40's  that you did not know ...

Pawl

Here is something I found that you might be able to use.

The Search for El Dorado, Volume VIII of Theodor De Bry's Grand Voyages, from the Internet Archive:

Excerpt—"The story of El Dorado was one of the most influential myths connected with the 'New World.' The legend first appeared in the 1530s or 40s as a story of an Indian chief who was rich enough to cover himself with gold dust during certain ceremonies; this chief was the golden man, "El Hombre Dorado." The legend had its source in the Colombian highlands, near present-day Bogota, but when the Spanish conquistadors reached this region they found no such rich chief or kingdom. The legend didn't die, however, but instead transformed itself and moved slowly across the continent. After an amazing series of horrific and unsuccessful searches for El Dorado, the myth finally solidified as a story about a rich city of El Dorado, called Manoa by the natives, located on a huge lake in the highlands of Guiana...."