News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Calling All Pirate Poets and Artists!!!

Started by Blackbead, May 14, 2008, 12:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Shaunassey

Annnddd... another one "struck" tonight ... jeez, what gives???  LOL  Dinnae shoot me for the "campiness" of this one, I couldn't help myself!  Tee hee

A Sailor's Life For Me

Tis a sailor's life for me, ohhh off to high ole sea!
With my rucksack o'r my shoulder
And m' feet all clattering down
Tis a sailor's life for me, ohhh off to the high ole sea!

Oh, tis you an' me an the Skipper to boot,
We're off to the high seas, lookin' for loot.
We're not coming home for many a month,

There's sails to be trimmed and rigs to be set and the bilges they need a'pumping,
There's fish to be caught and decks to be scrubbed and still those bilges need pumping.
There's rum to be drunk and jigs to be danced and by God, those bilges need dumping.

The Skipper got pissed and the Mate is crazy and the Cook's pulling double duty,
The Bosun be mad and the Carpenter's been nailed and the Monkeys are all fruity.
The Cabin Boy got sloshed and the crew's all blue-blooded paralytic drunk but,

Twelve months have come and gone since we left port,
The trip's been long and the weather's been out of sorts,
But now we're homeward bound, for certain we'll rest and ... do it all o'r again for,
© K.W., 2008
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Blackbead

Ah-HAH!  You wild pirate rover!  Excellent!  Keep 'em coming!  The last one is very similar to the one that Mel and I did but it's also very different, if you know what I mean.  I plan on putting them both in and we'll just let the sea roll with it!  Thank you SO much for taking such a hand on this line!  And ye have me condolences for your recent turmoil in your crew.  I read Jack's blog . . . it never seems to end.  Ah, well!  Pass the grog and keep 'em coming!

Blackbead

PS:  It's glad I am that I've tied the Muse to your tail!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Blackbead

68 pages and counting!  We are almost ready to set sail!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Blackbead

It is the end of July.  Final submissions are due by September 1st.  If you are still interested in submitting either poetry or artwork, please drop me a line at blackbeads_tc@yahoo.com so I can save some room in the book.  Thank you!

Lady Donegan

AKA:
Kendra The Seamaid
Maevous O'Connell
Fox McShane Cursed Crew (Ship's Pilot)

Blackbead

Thank ye, Lady Donegan!  They already be in the book and they put us at 90 pages!  We are within two weeks of the cut-off and I just received some poems from a pirate off the Pyracy Pub forum that, added to another piece of artwork I am expeecting any day now, should put us right at the goal of 100 pages!

HUZZAH!

Blackbead

Blackbead

Ahoy, mates!

We currently stand at 98 pages with probably one more piece of artwork and one more poem to be submitted.  That will definitely put us over the 100 page goal that we set so long ago!  I applaud everyone, including our two newest poets, Shana Martin and "Captain Tito."  The deadline is still two weeks away; there is still time to get in poems or artwork if you wish.  But the turning of the tide draws nigh.  Soon we will be away on this great adventure!

Putting on the last touches of paint,
Blackbead