News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hoggetowne midieval Faire

Started by Woodsman, January 04, 2009, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsman

Who is going to Hoggetowne faire? We are going the first weekend. Hope to see some of you there. ;D
Landshark #77

Celtic_Fae

My mother and I will be going both weekends, since it is the closest faire to us.  :)

The Scotsquatch

Siege The Day will be there of course...it's our favorite faire in Florida!

Kev and Patti
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Escarlata

We're planning on first weekend. See you all there.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Lairde Guardn

Is there a link to the web page for this faire?
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Woodsman

http://www.gvlculturalaffairs.org/website/programs_events/HMF/medieval_index.html

This is the link to Hoggstowne Midieval Faire in Gainsville Florida.
Landshark #77

Princess Christine 2.0

I think i'll be there the 24th!  ;D

Im not bad im just drawn that way!

Escarlata

It'll be great to see you PC2.0 *chuckling*
Esc be no lady!

Sir LJ

Cont me and about 7 (maybe a few more) in on this little shin-dig! Duh, the weekend of the 24th!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Squire Mickey

Well, the twins are wimping our for this weekend down in Ft. Myers, so that gives me a few more weeks to finish up some last minute garbing projects. We will be coming the weekend of the 31st.
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

The Scotsquatch

Patti and I are right this second just 2 miles from the faire, overnighting at a Walmart in our RV. 

Tomorrow morning at 9am we check in (that is when check-in opens) and then we wait for the faire to open!

This is our favorite Florida show.  Try to come out!  You WILL be pelted by marshmallows, but its all in good fun!

I will be the guy in the kilt pelting you, R/F pin proudly displayed on the breast of my leather vest.

DANG I love this faire!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

renfairenewb

My wife and I are planning to the last weekend of the faire.  We are/were planning dressing for the event, but after reading some of the threads about "snarking" and people making comments about not being historically accurate, it's making me think twice.  I know she'll never want to go again if someone says something to her about her costume/garb.  I don't even think the outfits we were going to wear will be exactly accurate to that period.  If we go, we may just attend in our regular (current) clothing instead.  Besides, it's very difficult for an asian guy to find something that would be historically accurate.

Escarlata

Please don't think twice. The garb worn at Hoggetowne is all over the board. Our own are not designed to be historically accurate, just comfortable and fun.

Whichever way you decide, please make yourself known to some of us. We love to meet new people.
Esc be no lady!

renfairenewb

Escalarta,

Thank you for your response.  My wife didn't want to wear a dress, so she's wearing some type of female swordswoman garb sort of like a musketeer without the surcoat.  I am attempting to put together some type of primitive mongol (keeping with my asian heritage) outfit.  We both cannot sew worth a wooden ducat so we are going to try and cobble it together from various things. 

Woodsman

Renfairenewb welcome to our home away from Faire. As you can see I am a common Woodsman, but if you could see my feet you would see I am wearing knee high Indian moccasins with the fringe cut off. I will be there next weekend so if you see me come over and say hello. 8)
Landshark #77