News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Kiwanis/Lee County Medieval Faire

Started by Celtic_Fae, January 04, 2009, 09:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic_Fae

Hello, friends. We've decided to go the first weekend. Anyone else going?

The Scotsquatch

Siege The Day will be there!

Kev and Patti
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Escarlata

It's amazing how plans change. We weren't planning on being there at all until last night. We will be but I'll be in a role I've never taken on before. I'll be *gasp* working at this Faire! Stop by and see me at the Henna Booth.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Anna Iram

I'm not sure which day, but I'll be there. I love this faire.  :)

Here's the link:

http://www.kiwanismedfair.com/

Escarlata

One of the few consistents in life is change and there you go. The emergency I was helping with at the Henna Booth has been resolved, I'm no longer needed there. A family emergency is calling Leinad out of town (everyone close to us is fine). I'm going to stay home and hibernate as of this minute.  As always, that is .... subject to change.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Squire Mickey

Well, I just found out about this festival yesterday. I am thinking about making the 2.5 hour drive down for it with the twins. What do you all think?

Is it worth it?

Are any of you all going to be going down?

Are there any trees this year?

Am I asking too many questions?
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: Squire Mickey on January 16, 2009, 10:51:33 AM
Well, I just found out about this festival yesterday. I am thinking about making the 2.5 hour drive down for it with the twins. What do you all think?

Is it worth it?

Are any of you all going to be going down?

Are there any trees this year?

Am I asking too many questions?

I don't know about this weekend, but last weekend was HOT!!! NO trees, very little shade!

The Scotsquatch

This faire was AWESOME this year!

I mean, it was fun and awesome last year, but this year?  We almost tripled our numbers and the faire rocked for us!

But financial stuff aside, this is one of our favorite faires.  Terry the craft coordinator is a great guy, and every last person, from the cast to the volunteers, make this faire one of the most enjoyable of the season for us.

I didn't see hardly any R/Fers this year though!  A few friends that I knew, but many friends missed and no new members that I could recognize...What gives?  Maybe some of you were there, but no one I recognized, and believe me I was looking for the R/F pin and was proudly wearing mine!

Support this show please!  It is an awesome fun show, starts the season and as such is the "big bang" for all of us handcrafters, and more importantly, this show is TOTALLY non profit!  All proceeds benefit kids, the Kiwanis...can it get any better?

Hope to see more of you next year!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!