News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Loki and other Liquers

Started by bellevivre, June 18, 2009, 11:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Teach*

I have done the coffee filter trick. I poured it into an empty bottle first, took a coffee filter and used a rubber band to attach it to the bottle then turned it upside down and let it trickle out slowly into a clean pot. I actually had three bottles filtering at a time that way. I just propped them up and came back later to check on them.
Having said that, I don't bother with it any more. They only loki I make that has a sediment issue is my Apple Pie and I just tell whoever gets it not to drink the sediments lol. I don't know if I am right or not but I think leaving the sediment in there in that case helps the flavor (it's mostly cinnamon and I think letting that stay in helps).

*rum and loki are amazing inventions*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Ms Trish

Quote from: *Teach* on December 28, 2011, 11:31:28 AM

Having said that, I don't bother with it any more. They only loki I make that has a sediment issue is my Apple Pie and I just tell whoever gets it not to drink the sediments lol. I don't know if I am right or not but I think leaving the sediment in there in that case helps the flavor (it's mostly cinnamon and I think letting that stay in helps).

*rum and loki are amazing inventions*

I'm sure the cinnamon isn't a problem. I was more concerned about fruit bits/other organics.

Thanks for the input! And I'll agree on them being amazing!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Francisco Paula

Cheese cloth.

used this in cooking alot to filter stuff

Butch

I just made the Bananas Foster vodka.  It has to sit for 29 days (per the recipe), then I strain it and add the banana extract.  We'll see how this goes!

Ms Trish

Quote from: Butch on May 17, 2012, 08:44:44 PM
I just made the Bananas Foster vodka.  It has to sit for 29 days (per the recipe), then I strain it and add the banana extract.  We'll see how this goes!

Make sure you let us know! That sounds yummy!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!