Ye Olde Crafting Corner > Crafts and Projects

Finished Projects

(1/62) > >>

jcbanner:
There was the "Finnished Projects" thread on the hacker infested board, how about we start somethig new over here?  Does anyone have any intresting ongoing projects? Trying anything new, either new type of project or working in a medium that you havent used before?

Hoowil:
I'm working on a set of decorative, yet functional, bronze lacing rings. Tried to cast twenty of the buggers at once, and mess up on my math, using about 2/3 the metal I needed, and only ended up with eight. Now I get to start over. And I have to wait till August to get access to the casting equipement again, because it's at the local community college.

Also trying to work on a design for pewter mugs and goblets. I have not worked with pewter before, and have been having trouble finding a suitable supply of metal to experiment with.

I'm still working on sketches and plans to build a collapsable frame to clip on over a stroller to look like a gypsie wagon, complete with patchwork fabric cover.

I've been doing small metal castings for about two and a half years. sewing and minor carpentry I've been dabbling in since about the time I could walk.

Ginette:
I would love to see pictures of what you're working on Hoowil! That sounds like a tough projuct, best of luck.

Hoowil:

--- Quote from: ginette on May 08, 2008, 07:34:53 AM ---I would love to see pictures of what you're working on Hoowil! That sounds like a tough projuct, best of luck.

--- End quote ---
Which one?

This is the base design for the rings, which I'm planning on also using for clasps, buttons, and whatever else comes to mind.

Working in lost wax, the peice is about 1/8" thick. I've got a working mold of the base, thankfully, but need to modify each one for the final cast. The sprue at the top will be cut off, and finished to match. The rings i have so far have a 12 guage half circle that comes off the sides of the two lower points. They haven't been cleaned or polished at all yet, and have some finishing work still to do, as well as making sure my stitching holes go through the metal. I don't have any other work in progress pics at the moment, and come to think of it, I'm not sure where my camera is.

Angelhood:
I'm working on a braided rug, although not too period since I'm making it out of old denim jeans! But it's still fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version