News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Finished Projects

Started by jcbanner, May 07, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcbanner

as I was giving the belt hanger for the goblet to the queen at the dress rehersal this weekend, the court jester asked me about making for him a pouch to hold his sets a juggling balls.  heres what I came up with.

front

and back

the straps down the back serve a duel purpose, they will add strength to the pouch, and if he wants, he can run the belt through there instead of the top loops if he wants it to sit centered on his belt instead of below it.

Though in hindsight, mayby I should have dug into my stash of colored leathers, he IS a jester after all.

divapixie

I have taken up yet another hobby... slumping and fusing glass to make little dishes.  I have trying out my little kiln and I am liking the results but by no means have I perfected it yet.  So here are some of my early pieces... just for show and tell.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/divapixie/Micellaneous/Glasswork2012.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/divapixie/Micellaneous/Specialorderringandglasspieces012.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/divapixie/Micellaneous/Specialorderringandglasspieces025.jpg
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Thistle

Long time no see! Nice digs y'all got here!

Anyhow, I finally finished that waterskin I was working on:

I'm slowly getting a tutorial for it together - I'll post it and perhaps another when it's done.

Escarlata

Thistle, I'll be anxiously awaiting that tutorial. I found a nylon cased boda bottle in a thrift store the other day. Got it for 25 cents.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Thistle

Escarlata -

I still want to clean it up and make it pretty, but the info should all be there now -

Making a waterskin

Anyone remember what chapter in LOTR that "maybe we can fill them later" exchange between Frodo and Sam is? It's been ages since I've read 'em, but I'd like to add that little paragraph to start the whole tutorial off with.

Finally, here's a few other little bits of recent leatherwork - a sheath for a utility knife that came with a kukri a fantastic friend gifted me, and some tooled hangers for an "elvish" dagger:

groomporter

My latest project was a swagger stick for myself for steampunk outfit at a Con this summer. It's turned out of rosewood and it actually a bit darker than in the pic

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Gwen aka Punstergal

My latest project is a set of decorative bodice extenders for a Moresca Max II (I think)-- the one that laces on the sides and back. I have grown larger than the original lacing of the bodice allows and so I've been tying decorative knots up the sides to add more space without looking positively horrid. Unfortunately, having to redo the laces on one side every time I get in and out is quite a pain, so I've been doing and un-doing from the back, which I can handle ok, except I'd REALLY like to put knotwork down the back too.. so now, I'm trying to find a way to make the lacing on the side easier to manipulate, so that I can put something pretty down the back.

My other project is a rope corset that only covers the front and sides.. the back consists of a spiderweb made of gold cord (already completed) which is attached to some steel rings which the rope will lace through. Fantasy garb is so much fun :)
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

Ozium

Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Toarmod

Quote from: divapixie on May 13, 2008, 06:19:45 PM
I have taken up yet another hobby... slumping and fusing glass to make little dishes.  I have trying out my little kiln and I am liking the results but by no means have I perfected it yet.  So here are some of my early pieces... just for show and tell.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/divapixie/Micellaneous/Glasswork2012.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/divapixie/Micellaneous/Specialorderringandglasspieces012.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/divapixie/Micellaneous/Specialorderringandglasspieces025.jpg

Cool Diva! Ive always wanted to get a kiln for slumping! I made some pieces a couple of years back when i had access to one. Just make sure you use glass from the same manufacture or test to make sure they are compatible, or the results can be quite "shattering"  ;)

Chris B

I posted more pics in the arms and armor section, but this is my latest work.  It took several hundred hours.  I made the cuirass, greaves, helmet crest/liner, shield, clothing, sub-armour, and spear. 

Chris B

Since we lost the other thread, here are the last renaissance projects I did just before the other forum died.  First is a scabbard, sheath, and belt for an Arms and Armor gold plated Elizabethan Rapier/Dagger Set.

Second is a wooden core scabbard and baldric for an Albion Gallowglass.

groomporter

An almost finished project.  ;D
It's a 30" diameter oak table we found at Savers that I'm turning into a board for playing "Byzantine Chess" a circular chess game that seems to date to the 10th century. I just need to add a couple more green knots to the center circle to balance it out a little more. Once I put some polyurethane on it colors will mellow out a little.

Magister

Phenomenal stuff guys..

Chris.. the armor is great.. so is the leather, and castings for the scabbards.

Groom.. great knotwork.. very nice looking table.  Would make a wonder addition to a game room anywhere. 
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

A feather fan I made

So I decided to try and make my own fan. Here it is. I have 1 more little thing I want to do to it but other wise this is how it looks.

the front side

Close up of the handle

the back side of the fan

I took two pieces for the fan top and glued them together. then cut it in half making sure I left the circle in the niddle now covered by the gem.

The Handle was what looked like two wheat blooms with the flower in the middle. I glued a 1/4 piece of hard wood to it leaving 1/2 of the wheat bloom not attached. I then cut out around the flower and the wheat bloom. I then took an Identical wheat bloom pice and glued it to the other side then cut the extra wheat bloom off.

I then cut the half circle out of the handle so the top piece would fit in.

Once all this was done I drilled a hole in the top piece middle on the half circle and in the half circle on the handle and put a pin in it to help hold it and glued it with very high quality wood glue.

Once dry I sanded and filed tol get the rough out from the cutting.

I then sealed it with sand sealer three times then painted it gold then sealed it again

The last step was to drill large and small holes for the feathers and then I epoxied them in with a high strenght epoxy. then glues on my gems.

I want to add some lace where the feathers meet the wood. But all in all this is done.

Oh I also added a eye screw on the end so I can attached it to my belt.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

groomporter

Neat fan!

My latest project was three groups of Celtic musicians on three wooden plaques (bar stool seats rejected by the manufacturer bought at a local surplus store)
All three:
http://historicgames.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2401&g2_serialNumber=1