News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Finished Projects

Started by jcbanner, May 07, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

New hunting-themed combination game table for playing Chess or Tablut. Will include Isle of Lewis Chess pieces. Done on a trestle table I found in a thrift store.

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Rogue Hidesmith

Finished a few masks for a Celtic festival on Saturday:

Incised Harlequin

Swirled Harlequin

Green Mottled Leaf

Autumn Mottled Leaf

I also made a small gift for an acquaintance of mine who is a weaver of tartan scarves, shawels, etc:

Leather covered tape measure
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

amy

Oh I absolutely love those masks!   What a beautiful finish to the leather and the shape is very ethereal!  The tape measure is precious.  What a lovely gift.  That will become a hand me down for sure!  Very well done.   Yummy!

Rogue Hidesmith

If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Rani Zemirah

I agree... very beautiful! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Auryn

Your masks are beautiful and I adore the paint job.
How did you get such luminescent metallic colors?
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Rogue Hidesmith

Quote from: Auryn on August 19, 2011, 02:12:12 PM
Your masks are beautiful and I adore the paint job.
How did you get such luminescent metallic colors?

Thank you very much :)

For the oak leaf masks, I use Folk Art brand metallic acrylic paint to color my masks. Then I seal it with Leather Sheen which is a glossy acrylic sealant for leather.

For the harlequins, I used Tandy's Chocolate Cherry All-in-One, then finished with Leather Sheen.
IBRSC #1603

Alexandra Johanna

Greetings & Well Met!  Just wanted to share a couple of spur of the moment crafty projects I just finished... a pair of satin brocade belt pouches. The green one I made for myself to match a bodice I just finished; it is lined inside with tan faux suede.  Its a little rough because I had to figure out how to get enough fabric out of the scraps I had left.  The black with red came out better. That one is for my daughter to match her dark red outfit, and is lined with black faux suede.

Nighthawk

Rogue Hidesmith, masks are one of the things I want to learn to make of these days. I love those. Very artistic. What weight do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Rogue Hidesmith

Quote from: Nighthawk on September 04, 2011, 11:50:31 AM
Rogue Hidesmith, masks are one of the things I want to learn to make of these days. I love those. Very artistic. What weight do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks :) I like to use 5-6oz, but I've used as light as 4 and as heavy as 9. The problem with lighter weights is that they tend to feel flimsy unless you stiffen them. (I do this with a base coat of a spirit dye, then a few coats front and back of Super Sheen or Resolene) And if you're doing any tooling, once you form the mask it loses a lot of definition. The problem with heavier leathers is just that, they're heavy!

Hope that helps!  :)
IBRSC #1603

Rani Zemirah

Gorgeous pouches, Soulstice!  I love the details! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Alexandra Johanna

Thank you, Rani! I actually got a query from one of the vendors at the faire this weekend about where I "bought" my matching bodice and belt pouch and believe me, I was tickled pink to tell her I made them myself! I'm still smiling the next day, LOL!

Rogue Hidesmith

New mask design. I like the look. I'm iffy on the shape.

Thoughts?
IBRSC #1603

LadyShadow

Wonderful job on both of them. I personally like the one on the left the best.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

LadyShadow

Soulstice,

beautiful job on the bags. They look marvelous.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)