News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Finished Projects

Started by jcbanner, May 07, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Gryphon

I used to be an avid Needle Woman.  Cross stitch on Linen, and other fine fabrics was something I loved to do.  Since I've gotten older my hands aren't nearly as good as they once were, but I picked up my needle once again to make this special banner for our Mobile Home once we decided which one to get.  Since it's main purpose is to transport us to the Many Faires we love to attend, it will carry a Faire theme inside and will be know by the name of Nightshadows Keep when we are at Faire, and probably anywhere else. 

Yeah we get a little carried away sometimes.

It's not as spectacular as some other other work I've seen here, but I still would like to show it off.  You all do such wonderful work and it's hard to comment on everything, but I admire it all.
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Rogue Hidesmith

If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Rani Zemirah

Oh, how pretty, and fun, as well!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Gryphon

To Trasnlate, because it's hard to read I think

Huzzah!
Hail and well met
Lord Dragon & Lady Gryphon
Bids ye welcome to
Nightshadows Keep
Rest yourself and be at your ease
But be mindful of our resident guard
Respect the Fae Folk
And please don't fee our Dragon

Our resident guard is our 100 pound Cane Corso,  aka Italian Mastiff, who will be traveling with us.  He's friendly on his terms.

Rani Zemirah

On the contrary, Lady Gryphon, I think it is most easily understood, and beautifully worked! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Gryphon

Thank you for the kind compliment.  I haven't pick up a needle in over 10 years to do something such as this.  I found a program on line that charted it, more or less for me and I added the gold and scarlet and the fleur de lis.  All in all it was a fun project and I'm happy others enjoy it.

amy

Wow!  I hadn't checking in here for a while and such pretty additions.. Love the masks as always and the pouches are soooo pretty.  I need to take your lead and do something pretty with my scraps!

Betty Munro

Decorating the bedroom in a pirate theme.
I made a pirate switch plate cover and a pillow case from a 1/2 yard remnant that fit a travel pillow perfectly.  

Looking forward to dreaming of pirating this evening.  :)  

Lady Gryphon

How cute.  I love doing stuff like that.  I just might have to change the Harley Bedroom into something a little more Ren.   I love the switch plate.

MKDesigner

I've been working on several projects for family and friends who attend a lot of Faires.  Getting close to finishing a knitted snood, but not quite there yet.  Have recently completed several Token / Trinket drawstring bags in various colors and fiber weights.

Folks I've made these for pin their tokens / trinkets on the outside of the bags and then put the tokens they have to share on the inside.  They're approximately 6" x 9" and with the dual drawstrings, hang well from the wrist freeing up their hands.  I'm making a rayon chenille bag with a design across the front to match my D-I-L's dress in blue and white.  Haven't decided on the cording yet so it's not quite done.

Marge

Magpie Flynn

I got a little crochet-happy this weekend. I used 26 gauge silver and copper wire. Next time I'll be using 28 gauge on the copper though, it was really tough to work with.

Lady Gryphon

How pretty, I love the copper and the red, my kind of colors.  You did very lovely work.

Magpie Flynn

Lady Donegan

http://youtu.be/UPnRGNyKIBE  I know I haven't been here for a looooooong time, but now I am back! and wanted to share my latest craft project!  Yes that means there is more to come!!

Thanks
AKA:
Kendra The Seamaid
Maevous O'Connell
Fox McShane Cursed Crew (Ship's Pilot)

Rogue Hidesmith

Not quiiiiiite finished, but close enough to post :)

A prototype Golem of Prague mask.
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603