News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Finished Projects

Started by jcbanner, May 07, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoowil

My latest batch.

A dark honey sweet mead, with vanilla, cloves, and cinnamon.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

sparkklepaint

Here is my fairy house for the Michigan Renaissance Festival's fairy garden contest.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151165127873554&set=a.10151165120768554.499023.86594323553&type=1&theater

Please vote by clicking the "like" button if you would be so kind.  Thank you for your help!

Drac

Quote from: Hoowil on August 06, 2012, 09:20:01 PM
My latest batch.

A dark honey sweet mead, with vanilla, cloves, and cinnamon.

Oh heaven!!!!

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Lishy

A couple of finished projects for opening weekend of TRF:

A revamped and embellished fan that was a gitft from a dear friend. I changed the handle fabric, added trim, embellished it with the two jewel pieces, and added in the peacock and teal feathers.

A detailed view of the handle.

An upcycled hair clip.

Started with just the plain purple flower and added the fabric, feathers, and jewelled centerpiece.

My next project is going to be a fan from square 1!
Muintir Go Deo!
SquishyLishy, Squeak, 1/2 of D-Lish
Clan o hEighnigh

Rani Zemirah

Ooooh, pretty!  And sparkly!!!  Wonderful work, Lish... I love them both! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

markste

If we look suddenly. It's look like Archaeology items.

Hoowil

A solid leather (multiple layers thick in most parts) quiver, hand stitched.

And an arm guard to match. This is roughly based on remains of archers' equipment found in the Mary Rose, a Henricain warship. Double layered across the arm with a single y shaped strap and buckle.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Prima

And a pomander is born! 

After being unable to find a pomander to purchase online for less than $50, I decided to make one myself :)  Scented silk will fill this as soon as I can find some essential oils I like.
"I aim to misbehave" ~Malcolm Reynolds

Rani Zemirah

Beautiful!  What is it made of? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Prima

Rani- It's made from a decorative (plastic?) pumpkin I recently found at Hobby Lobby.  I'd been searching for months for a suitable "base" for a pomander with no luck...thank goodness for seasonal items!  Bogie cut off the stem for me, I painted it and added the chain links to a pearl chain I found at Jo Ann's.  I bought 8 more pumpkins to experiment with, I was so excited to find them!  I think we're going to try cutting the top off of one and see if we can create a "lid" with it (if we can find a hinge that will work).

On a side note- does anyone have ideas or tips on scenting silk?

PollyPoPo

Only one tip about perfume - don't ever, ever, ever put perfume on a cotton ball (or piece of cloth) and place it in the bosom area.  Did that many years ago and ended up with what would be a third degree chemical burn.  It was a really good perfume, too.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Prima on August 02, 2013, 08:57:53 AM
Rani- It's made from a decorative (plastic?) pumpkin I recently found at Hobby Lobby.  I'd been searching for months for a suitable "base" for a pomander with no luck...thank goodness for seasonal items!  Bogie cut off the stem for me, I painted it and added the chain links to a pearl chain I found at Jo Ann's.  I bought 8 more pumpkins to experiment with, I was so excited to find them!  I think we're going to try cutting the top off of one and see if we can create a "lid" with it (if we can find a hinge that will work).

On a side note- does anyone have ideas or tips on scenting silk?

Seriously???  I would NEVER have guessed that!  I would love to see what you started with, if you have one in it's original state that you can take a photo of?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Prima

Left is the original, middle is with the stem removed and smoothed out, third is the completed project.

Rowan MacD

I tripped over to Lobby Lobby, and they had these made of fake antlers too.  ;D
  They are about 3"-4" across, they were on an end cap display along with matching bowls, baskets and other items made of the resin antlers.   Balls like this seem to be popular this year, and there are a few different styes.   
   The antlers didn't look as good as your pumpkin,   I'm hoping to run across something in a light metal.....
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Prima

Rowen, if you do find something metal that will work as a pomander please pass along the information!  My 10 month search for a metal pomander was unsuccesful.  I was going to wait until christmas time this year and see if any stores are going to carry the metal potpourri balls that I might snag.