News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Finished Projects

Started by jcbanner, May 07, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Oh, how fun!  I thought they were metal when I first saw them.  Great job! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rowan MacD

I am currently watching the Christmas ornaments at Hobby Lobby.  I am hoping to see some of the gold filigree balls again this year.  Even if they have glass or plastic liners we could probably work with that..... ;)

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

I  like this....chirping bird ornament...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/24557787?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227017709707&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=26135314236&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=51529224276&veh=sem

Sears has some lovely 24K filigree ornaments...but they want $77 for 10 of them.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Hoowil

I've been doing a little more leather work.
For going on 18 years I've had an axe in collection that I couldn't carry because I didn't have any way to cover the blade, which not only was not acceptable by gate rules, but not exactly safe or comfortable to have on my belt. So I decided to try my hand at a sheath for it. While I am not totally satisfied with my tooling job I think it came out pretty well.

And as we've become involved in doing period archery and I've been teaching my daughter, she needed an appropriate arm guard. We both agreed that it needed a little decoration, so I took a few of the stamps I had to it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

groomporter

The latest novelty cane that I made for fun and sold to a disabled person who collects canes. The bowl on the Oriental style pipe unscrews from the stem and fits inside the knob, and the stem, of course, fits in a hole down the shaft of the cane. Tight and padded so it doesn't rattle.

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Hoowil

We have adopted a new family member, and it is only right that she get to dress up too. My wife made an off-hand comment about me making the puppy leather armor, and less than four hours of tinkering here is the result.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Toua Taru

Hoowil - congrats on the newest member of the fam! She looks pretty comfortable in that armor, love it. Your leather work is amazing both on puppy and axes a few posts up.
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House