News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Finished Projects

Started by jcbanner, May 07, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zatahra

Here's a little belt pouch I made for my Daughter, who wants to be a woodland Elf. It was made from an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of leather from Hobby Lobby (since we do not have a Tandy leather store within a hundred miles of us), some dye and a free design from the Tandy website. Next comes one for me!

PS for Thistle: very nice tooling job on your pouch & flute case!

Andunie

Several paper mache masks I made recently... there are descriptions if you click on them.

Baron Doune

well not ren but comfy...

only another six or so to go...

GirlChris

I just made my first ever piece of jewelry that didn't involve macaroni and/or glitter!

Ew. Dirty mirror and kind of blury. A close up shot of the front:

It's made from a medallion style belt I found at Winners that I got for half price because it was broken. I took out some of the medallions and added chain between the ones I had left, except in the middle where I used lobster clasps. I used two, one on each side, for symmetry. The dangly part is two long pieces of chain attached through holes in the centre front medallion that lead down to a final medallion as a fob. I've still got three medallions left- not sure what I'm going to do with them.

Pipere

Finished eyepatch and in-process shako for my steampunk officer's outfit.

Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

Chris B

Zatahra - I am really impressed with your leather working skill.  I have always wanted to try dying a piece in multiple color, but I have always been unsure how to get it to look like that.  Very nice.

Andunie - It looks like you have really got making masks down to an art.  Your work is very beautiful.  I bet they would also make a very nice home decor item too.

Baron - It looks like you have some woodworking skills there.  What are you going to use them for?  They like the overall geometry of the chair.

GirlChris - I think it is attention to the small details that make one outfit stand out from another.  That looks really good with the long skirt.  Nice work.

Pipere - It also looks like you do nice work.  Did you make your outfit too? 

I just finished another piece of Greek armour.  It is a H/A scaled linothorax.  Now I am left with the decision of whether to wear this or the Bronze Cuirass on the earlier page to Halloween at the Texas Fair this year.  The armour is made of 14 layers of solid linen that has been glued and sewn together.  Every flap is edged by gluing and hand sewing linen bias tape to the edge.  Then I used various trims across the body and hand stitched each through all 14 layers with an awl and needle.  Every red square has a stitch running through it.  The roughly 450 solid bronze scales were hand made and individually attached through all 14 layers as well.  It took between 200 and 250 hours to make, but it is as historically accurate as they come and my favorite creation to date.

I am interested in opinions on whether this or the cuirass on page 2 would be the bigger head turner.  Of course, these pics are only meant to show the armor.  Either way, I would be wearing the bronze greaves, sword, shield, helmet with the crest, etc.

Hoowil

Quote from: Chris B on July 25, 2008, 07:27:44 AM

I am interested in opinions on whether this or the cuirass on page 2 would be the bigger head turner.  Of course, these pics are only meant to show the armor.  Either way, I would be wearing the bronze greaves, sword, shield, helmet with the crest, etc.

Wow, that is awesome. As for turning heads thats a tough call. For those who would recognize such things, the linothorax would be a real treat to see. But, the bronze is shiny, and nothing catches the eye like shine. And I would think more people would be familiar with the cuirass design. Also, I wonder if people will ask about the linothorax being Egyptian because of the scorpion, and the Scorpion King of recent mummy movies, which might get a little irritating after the work and research on a Greek peice
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Chris B

[/quote]
Also, I wonder if people will ask about the linothorax being Egyptian because of the scorpion, and the Scorpion King of recent mummy movies, which might get a little irritating after the work and research on a Greek peice
[/quote]

LOL.  Sad, but probably a valid point.  Thanks for the input.

renren

Pirate necklace,closeup

Pirate necklace,another view(show the different colors

Bracelet... could be pirate, or not!

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

lady serena

Guppy # 81
Fins up

szobrasz

Here are two recent works. The lion has been completed, and the Kristus is near completion for those that inquired about ongoing works.
1. "Homer" ~  A lion commissioned in one ton of Olympia white marble. aprox. 36"x 48" x22"

2. "Kristus" ~ deep relief, Olympia white marble. approx. 18"x16" x6", from removed section of lion block.

Magister

szobrasz:

Those are great!  Wonderful work.  Thank you for sharing.

Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

groomporter

Quote from: Pipere on July 21, 2008, 02:17:16 AM
Finished eyepatch and in-process shako for my steampunk officer's outfit.

I think I've seen you on Brassgoggles as well?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Pipere

Actually no, I'm relatively new to the steam scene and just getting my stuff together to join in.
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

groomporter

Maybe on one of the Livejournal steam groups then? I swear I've seen that pic elsewhere

Capt Andrew MacGregor
Combined Highland Expeditionary Force
aboard HMA Todd
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?