News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Finished Projects

Started by jcbanner, May 07, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

We finished the belt pouch! My wife sewed the belt loops onto the back because my hands were too big to do it, but I did the side stitching (just a simple whip stitch), and the design is mine. It's cut and sewn from one single piece of leather that was in a bag of Tandy scrap leather I bought at Hobby Lobby for three bucks. The concho we already had, and the string is a boot lace that was lying around the house.

I think I did pretty good for a first attempt.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Chris B

I finally finished my entire Greek second impression. 

I also remade the subarmour for my first Greek impression with layered linen instead of the fringe look a few pages back.  Now I need to decide which one of these two to wear to Texas Ren Fair Halloween.  Tough call.

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Zoë

I made a wreath!  I've never done it before, I just got it in my head that I wanted to make one.  So I went to the store, got the stuff (60% off at Michaels yay!) and voila!  :)

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Dustin- you inspire me ,I might have to try one too.Looks great.

Chris B-that is fantastic-WOW!

Zoe-Your'e wreath is very pretty, I just love fall colors. It's beautiful.

:o
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Tammy

I am totally speechless at the Greek armor work. They are gorgeous sets, and to think HANDMADE...WOW.
Everyone's work is REALLY great!!! I'm getting ideas!! lol

I dabble a little in woodburning, whittling, jewelry making, sewing, cross stitching, and broom making...but nothing actually renaissance. I did make the blouse (no pattern), skirt (no pattern), wreath style bracelet, and ear rings in my faery picture. 

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Ranna

I tired my hand at wire earring wraps per a very special request. :)  Here's a finished one that I would actually dubb jewlery.  No piercing required!

"The lasses have got to respect a man who can blow, finger and squeeze all at the same time." - Anonymous bagpipe player

mieljolie

That wire earring wrap is beautiful, Ranna!  I would so wear those!

I wanted to show off my new turkish vest made of can tabs.  I like it much better than the old empire waist bodice I first made.  This one is way more comfortable to move around in.  And, it's more adjustable, too.

I've got more pics of this one and one I made with a belt for a Craft swap on my blog:  http://mieljolie.blogspot.com.
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

gypsylakat

Newb- seems I'm always right behind you in working on a project... lol

http://gypsylakatsews.blogspot.com/

Finally got around to painting some of my hairsticks... I have a winter exchange coming up for a pagan group on campus

"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

mieljolie

Those are wonderful, gypsylakat!  I really like the yellow tipped ones.  Now, if you could incorporate some can tabs in there somewhere.  Hehe  BTW, I still have a growing pile of chopsticks forming over here.  Let me know if you run out.  :)
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

gypsylakat

we just grabbed like 5 more from one of the campus restaurants. We're in exam week right now so I may wait until winter break to grab them (like the 17th) i'll be stir crazy at my house with no internet (ok. some internet, just dialup)
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

This quilt took me over 13 years to finally complete.  It is 72 1/4" square.  Machine pieced & quilted.  Binding was machine applied then hand finished all by yours truly.   ::)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Molden

Congratulations Sweetie!!!  :D :-* ;D

I know how much you put into it and 'tis a beauteous thing indeed!

I can't wait to get to see it in person.  8)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Manwariel

Lady L

R hand carved these candlesticks and I stained them. There are 2 different sets of 3. They are white oak. We gave them both as Christmas gifts.

Former Shop Owner at MNRF