News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Finished Projects

Started by jcbanner, May 07, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Thistle on May 15, 2008, 11:43:54 AM
Long time no see! Nice digs y'all got here!

Anyhow, I finally finished that waterskin I was working on:

I'm slowly getting a tutorial for it together - I'll post it and perhaps another when it's done.

If you are looking for the bladders, check here http://www.leatherunltd.com/hardware/findings/findings.html
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

groomporter

The latest cane I've made. I bought the eagle head on Ebay along with a more standard-looking vintage brass cane handle, but I think the eagle was originally a finial for an indoor flag pole or something since it was larger in diameter than most canes. Thus, I had to add a larger piece of wood under it in order to mount it on what I usually use for shafts. I've got a request for a gadget cane to hide a "smoking" ::) accoutrement, so that's probably the next one I'll do.

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

brier patch charlie

I bet that cane would hurt if you bashed someone with it. A little peck on the head with that would bring things to a stop.
Charles Coleman

groomporter

Yup it's pretty solid, a good one for walking dark alleys   ;D
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Jezzy MacPeaks

NICE Work, Gents!  Excellent!
Oh, forgot to mention that I've done a lot of leather work and made walking sticks during my Native American powwow days.  So, keep up the good work, Lads.
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

renren

Fantastic lookin' work that be!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

jcbanner

I've got so many projects I work on, I need to start taking pictures again so i can share some of them.

Good work everyone!

Squire Mickey

My Belt,

Belt for my friend Pirate Pixie

Flintlock Holster for Treeman

Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Jezzy MacPeaks

Oooooo....Perteeee!  Ever think of goin' inta th' business?  :)
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack

LadyElizabeth

OK, so I had no idea this thread was out here... guess I'll have to post pics of my non-garb projects.  Everyones stuff is great, here are few comments on my favs.

So I need to say, Chris B, you're armour and projects are amazing.  All your stuff is way out there great and looks crazy hard to make.  I think I told you that in person at TRF, but just dittoing it on here for both your projects.

Squire Mickey, really love the pirate belt with black, it looks awesome!

Jcbanner, I just adore you're goblet carrier.  I wish I could buy one of those for my sister, she is always having troubles with hers.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Jezzy MacPeaks on March 17, 2009, 03:54:44 PM
Oooooo....Perteeee!  Ever think of goin' inta th' business?  :)

No, I just do it for fun and there are a lot of mistakes that a pro would never make.

I made those 2 pieces for fair friends. They simply reimburse me for the materials and buy me a beer or 2 as a thanks. I like it that way!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Jezzy MacPeaks

Sounds like a good deal to me!  Still, you did very nice work, for an amateur.  ;)
In the powwow world, the natives don't believe there are "mistakes" in leather work.  They think what would be considered mistakes or flaws only serves to make it more authentic looking.  S'pose one could look at it that way and feel better about it?
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack

jcbanner

Quote from: LadyElizabeth on March 17, 2009, 07:04:41 PM
OK, so I had no idea this thread was out here... guess I'll have to post pics of my non-garb projects.  Everyones stuff is great, here are few comments on my favs.

So I need to say, Chris B, you're armour and projects are amazing.  All your stuff is way out there great and looks crazy hard to make.  I think I told you that in person at TRF, but just dittoing it on here for both your projects.

Squire Mickey, really love the pirate belt with black, it looks awesome!

Jcbanner, I just adore you're goblet carrier.  I wish I could buy one of those for my sister, she is always having troubles with hers.

;D Thank you M'Lady, you are too kind. 

If you have a craft to share, please, indulge us!  I love seeing everyone's creativity.

As a side note, flipping through the pages, I realized it's been a long time since I've posted anything here, I guess I better start finishing some of those projects of mine.

Hoowil

Quote from: jcbanner on March 19, 2009, 02:29:58 AM

As a side note, flipping through the pages, I realized it's been a long time since I've posted anything here, I guess I better start finishing some of those projects of mine.
I always mean to get around to taking pictures of things I have finished.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Lady Catherine

hi all! awesome work!

this is not ren-related, so I hope it's ok for here!  ;)  baby quilt for a high-school friend
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!