News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

LOTR Trivial Pursuit instructions

Started by madmolly, November 14, 2008, 09:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmolly

Help! Does anyone have the instructions to this game and know what the advanced instructions are. How does the Ring and the ringwraith come into play? What are the pie pieces and what are their names?  I bought this at a yard sale and it has no instructions. And we are in the middle of playing and expiring minds need to know these things.

Thanks, we'll be checking back later.

Madmolly
No power in the 'Verse can stop me....

madmolly

I can't believe 21 of you have viewed this and don't have any input.  Geez. And you call your self elven..

just kidding.
seriously, just want to know what it all means.....
Brie and I had a blast playing it none-the-less.

Tygrkat

Being one of those who viewed and didn't comment...I had no idea that LOTR Trivial Pursuit existed, but was definitely intrigued when I saw this post. Are all the questions LOTR-related? I've only ever played the standard version of Trivial Pursuit, but this sounds like loads of fun too...

I'm glad you enjoyed playing without the technical rules  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Selkie

While I haven't played Trivial Pursuit of any version, I googled on how to play the game. I found this website that explains it. While it's not the exact version of the game you bought, it might help nonetheless. Good luck!

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1717323&displaytype=printable
"I am a woman upon the land, I am a seal in the sea..."

renfairephotog

i googled game manuals and never found it.

you might try searching Disney or Star wars trivia pursuit , and see if you can adjust the rule  for LOTR,
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Amras Elfwine

R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

madmolly

Thanks for all the replies. All very helpful and interesting. We hadn't thought about the game until tonight when we were talking about it again. And then I remembered we had posted here for info.

Can't wait to play the game again with the Ring and the Ringwraith. Sounds like fun.

Thanks again.

DĂșnedain

I know this is an old topic, but I have this game and can scan the instructions if you still want them.

Narulothwen

Two and a half years later, I too am in search of the rules. DĂșnedain, are you still here and is that offer still open?
Peter Pan Principle: I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up!

Captain Teague

See your intro thread for both sets of rules. :D

And FYI, if you have any Hasbro games, you can go to their site and click customer service, they have rules for pretty much any game they make.  ;D
The Code is the Law...