News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Started by Goody, January 07, 2009, 11:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goody

I posted this is MN but wanted to add here to my "Bristol family."

So to get thru the winter (and to put in vaca requests) I am already planning my fest season!!!!
I like to try one new fest per year and this year will be KY which will be either a wk+ long trip with KYRF one wkend and Bristol the next or it'll be 2+ wks starting with WIRF (if they're gonna happen?), then KYRF then Bristol. Ahhh, the planning is all I can do to get thru!! Is it Spring yet?? My visitor info should be arriving shortly. If anybody's up for jumping in our renwagon or caravanning along, the more, the merrier!

2009 Festivals

May 23-25 - Iowa Renaissance Festival Amana, IA

June 6 & 7 - Siouxland SD

June 13 & 14 - Olde World Twig, MN

June 27 - WIRF?
      Travel to KY on 28th or 2nd
July 4 & 5 - Highland Renaissance Faire KY
      Visit family/friends
July 11 & 12 - Bristol Renaissance Faire

August 15 & 16 - Hoghead Festival Proctor, MN

August 22-October 4 - MNRF

I wanted to go to Stronghold Olde English Faire first wkend in October (as recommended by Lady Renee) but now our faire runs longer so not too sure!)

Dayna

Like I posted in MN, I could do KY leaving on the 2nd, returning Monday to give me time for Bristol opening.  Twig would be fun too, I don't camp though, so would probably have to day-trip it.  Stronghold is Definitely worth going to.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Lady Renee Buchanan

Gosh, Goody, you're so organized!

Normally we would attend the Amana Colonies Faire, but we wanted to try the St. Louis faire on the Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend.  I don't know if they are having it again this year, but on the same weekend, the Colonies usually host Cajunfest.  We've gone for about 3 years and have always had a great time.  The faire is very small, so if Cajunfest is going on, you might want to consider spending 1 day of the weekend there.  I'll try to see if I can rustle up a friend and try to go to the faire on the Saturday, but it might be hard since the next morning at 6 a.m., we hope to leave Galena to drive 6 hours to St. Louis, and the Amana Colonies is about 2 hours each way from us.

In any case, we plan to be at Bristol on the first Sunday.  I sure hope it's not as hot as it usually is!

I still think you should visit Stronghold.  It's small but fantastic!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Vartha

YES Stronghold is a nice little faire. It's one of those you should visit at least once.
  At this point I can't even really say I'll be able to get over to Muskogee this year in May. I really wish Muskogee were longer than a month.

Dayna

BTW, Labor Day is the birthday of Queen Elizabeth I, so whatever faire you're at, raise on in her honour please.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Goody

Lady Renee!!

Mom and I are hoping to make a visit to Galena and the Perry Street Brasserie on our way to KY. Would you be up for the company??!!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Absolutely, and depending on the dates you come, if you don't mind sharing a queen size bed, you are very welcome to stay with us.  Our son Tony is coming back to visit us from Boston from June 27th to July 5th.  The last time we saw him was August, 2008, so it will be almost a year.

If your visit doesn't coincide with his, we'd love it if you stay with us.  In any case, if he's here at the time, we will get together and visit.  Looking forward to it!  Huzzah!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Dayna

All RF members,

Friends of Faire has announced the new additions to the staff of the Garden, and Yours Truly is now officially a member of the henches!

Lady Renee, now you have NO Excuse for not joining next year, 'cause if anyone is mean to you they'll have to answer to me  ;D

See you opening weekend?

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Lady Renee Buchanan

Lol, Dayna, I just posted this in your thread "I'm a Hench" since I read that one first!

Great news!  And a wonderful person to do it, too.  Because of you, we will join FOF for the first time in 13 years of going to Bristol.

Looking forward to seeing you there on the first Sunday.

A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Dinobabe

I am SOOO jealous of you guys!  :'(  ;)  I would LOVE to have Bristol in my backyard.  I consider it my home faire since grandma and grandpa were there for 17 years. 
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Dinobabe on February 02, 2009, 08:23:19 PM
I am SOOO jealous of you guys!  :'(  ;)  I would LOVE to have Bristol in my backyard.  I consider it my home faire since grandma and grandpa were there for 17 years. 

I have a 3 hour drive each way, so not quite "backyard" for me, and Unilady drives each weekend from Minnesota.

The only faires in my backyard are the Dubuque Renaissance Festival (30 minutes) and Four Kingdoms in the Quad Cities (an hour and a half). 
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Dayna

Renee is right, I'm 1/2 an hour from the MNRF site, but after 25 years, I needed a break and now there's hardly anyone there I know anymore.  So Bristol became my new home faire in 2004, I drive 400 miles, 6 hours one way, and now I have to do it all 9 weekends of the run.  :(

Uh huh, uh huh, I'm cryin'... I'm lyin, I'm Lovin' It!  ;D

Good thing my house is paid off, and I've already got someone lined up to share a hotel room with me, don't have to worry about finding a babysitter, so I might actually come out ahead for 9 weekends as opposed to paying full cost myself for 6 weekends.  Not to mention saving the $200 it costs for Friends of Faire membership/parking and a season pass.

I think I'll survive.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

DeadBishop

Hoping that with a new boss in the store that things will be managed better, meaning more time for Nyte and I to visit faires, specifically Bristol again. 

R/F.com member since 2003

Lady Renee Buchanan

DB, Steve and I would love to see the both of you again!  As the time draws nearer, when you set your dates, let me know!   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

DeadBishop

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on February 04, 2009, 05:50:06 AM
DB, Steve and I would love to see the both of you again!  As the time draws nearer, when you set your dates, let me know!   ;D

Well, of course we'd let you know.   ;D

R/F.com member since 2003