News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Movie needs extras at LRF, Jan 10

Started by UrsulaChandler, January 05, 2009, 09:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrsulaChandler

The film "Journey to Promethia" is calling for extras with medieval to renaissance garb. From what we saw if was a fantasy movie and the wardrobe wasn't specific to any period or country. They seemed to prefer peasants for particular scenes. We have a tentative cast call at LRF in Hammond at 8 am on Jan 10.

We filmed already this past Sunday and it was a lot of fun. We didn't have a lot of notice and it was hard to get details from the production about places and times. Those of us who were able to make it had a blast.

On Sunday we set the living village on fire and we were all slaughtered by evil soldiers.

This doesn't seemed to be a paying job and they promised food but it ran as late as everything else. I still recommend it for a day of fun and playing around in garb.

Updates are being posted on the LRF chatter group. I'll copy any information here for anyone not on that list.

Ursula Chandler
Ursula Chandler
Louisiana Renaissance Festival
Cast, RLHC

MacLaren

Keep us posted! I'd be willing to come out for it. "Tentative" is a word that worries me in Houston, ya know? :)
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

UrsulaChandler

I will certainly post here whenever we get more news. I'm a little worried because we only got confirmation for Sunday after 9pm on Saturday night.

Do you have a place to stay? I'll ask about the campground and see if its open this weekend.

Ursula Chandler
Cast, RLHC

MacLaren

I could just use the back seat of the truck no problem. Many a night has been spent there. I don't feel like setting up a tent just yet anyway. But yeah, if it's a go, I'll likely be able to do the drive.
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

UrsulaChandler

I just got confimation that the patron campground will be open this weekend. The place isn't deserted, there are still some participants lingering on the grounds waiting for the next show to move on. Camping is free for no power, $10 a day for power. Call the office at 985-429-9992, 1-866-249-1138 to check in before you arrive.

To make the trip worth while we have some other events going on this weekend. I'll make another post for those.

Ursula Chandler
Ursula Chandler
Cast, RLHC

UrsulaChandler

Friday morning 8am update. We don't have confirmation yet that the film crew will be at the festival tomorrow. Rain is in the forecast tomorrow with a cold front coming through. At this point I can't recommend this event for anyone who doesn't live close to LRF.

I'll post as soon as we get a call from the film crew.

The events on Sunday are still looking good.

Ursula
Ursula Chandler
Cast, RLHC

UrsulaChandler

The filiming is on!

Message from Safira, who has been speaking with the producer:

"As Rick said, cast call for extras tomorrow will be at 8 am. I'm
thinking that we all plan to meet at the front gate (easy for
everyone, even those not overly familiar with the site, to find!) and
hang there until they tell us where to head for the first scenes.
They've asked that people show up in garb and if you have other
pieces/costume/etc please bring them in case they can be used. Feel
free to bring a friend who fits in your extra pieces (or a female who
is roughly my size as i am willing to lend out what I've got...I can
accommodate 2 women roughly size 4 or 6 and have extra pieces to help supplement others as well). As other people have stated, please don't leave anything laying around or the wardrobe department may hijack it...if you have pieces you are willing to lend them, you can let them know though and I'm sure it would be highly appreciated.

The gate will be open...please park up at the front like we did last
time across from patron camping. That will prevent us from having to
scramble to find who a car belongs to in order to move it out of a shot.

I'd highly recommend bringing drinks and snack food. They will be
feeding everyone but there is no set time for breaking for lunch and
last week we didn't break until quite late in the day. If you bring
kids, bring something to amuse them with while we are waiting
(although last week they all did just fine running around the site
playing with each other!). And nothing wrong with bringing a book to
read or something else to amuse yourself...there is a decent amount of
"hurry up and wait" that happens.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to buzz either Rick or
myself!

See ya'll there!"

Rick and Safira can be reached at the LRF office numbers in the first post.

Ursula
Ursula Chandler
Cast, RLHC