News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

looking for work in FL

Started by Teseya, January 07, 2009, 04:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teseya

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to faires. I was a rennie kid and have been on circuit on and off my entire life. I've managed for silver Lady Jewelry and Land of Merriment and worked many faires from Midwest to the East coast. I've recently moved to Florida to the Tampa area and am trying to fit in off circuit and failing. I miss the fairs! I have a managing position at the Mosi faire in Tampa, but I was hoping maybe I could find sooner or more fairs in Florida that I could work at too. I love fairs and want to be with familiar people. If anyone can give me more information on finding jobs at Florida faires, I would greatly appreciate it.
Joya

anne of oaktower

Did you check out the Help Wanted thread?  I noticed that Scotsquatch is looking for help in Tampa this year...check with him.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Escarlata

Joya,

I know that the FlaRF website (East Coast) shows that they still have job openings right now. The latter half of the run would conflict with your job at BARF but you might be able to pick up something for the first half.

Ft Myers begins this weekend and goes next weekend too. I know some people down there but haven't heard that anyone is looking for help.

Hoggetowne (Gainesville) begins on Jan 24 and runs through Feb 1. I'll keep my ears open for you.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Teseya

Thanks a bunch. I can't do any other shows while doing the Tampa show...and since I already have a job there, others don't matter. But if there are some others...maybe small ones that I could get a job at, that would be awesome. Thanks for keeping an eye out. Much appreciated.

nobodyspecial

not many people know about the sarasota medieval festival , its relativly new only opened 3 years ago ...its in november and its quite big ...i saw a lot of the vendors from B.A.R.F there when i went last year . good luck