News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Location for NCRF?

Started by Escarlata, January 08, 2009, 02:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Escarlata

Just saw this (though it's dated Jan 6) come through a GoogleGroup I follow. The poster, Norm, writes often of his travels throughout the country to various events. I've always found his posts informative, though I can't vouch for his source on this one. Just thought you all might be interested:
News from the North Carolina Renaissance Faire
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:06:45 -0800 (PST)

I received this information today in an E-mail from the director of the North Carolina Renaissance Faire.

Norm

The North Carolina Renaissance Faire has a new permanent home in Wake Forest, NC.   Our Event will take place as planned March 28 & 29 and April 4 & 5, 2009 at our New Site.

Those who are familiar with the area, know that Wake Forest, although a long established community, is now considered a Northern suburb of Raleigh and part of the "Triangle" as our area, in general, is referred to.  The Wake Forest Community has been very welcoming so far and we feel this will be a very positive move.

Our site will be a 147 acre Golf Course that has closed down.   This will mean there will be water, sewer and electric already going to the property.  Also, there are some buildings that can be used on the property and some flushing toilets (a luxury on the Ren Circuit) although we may need to supplement with other resources.

We have been planning and dreaming for years of a permanent location that would accommodate our Castle Plans that include a Village area. Of course, the site will not be perfect for us this spring, but, we think the beautiful vistas of this property will make up for any small inconveniences.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Dirtfarmer

I received this same news yesterday per our director for the nobles at NCRF and via two persons that are very trustworthy, speak to the faire manager, and have walked the new site.  It seems that this is not a rumor but is the truth. 

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I certainly hope it's truthful, it sounds divine!

Giovanni hopes he still gets to go to this Faire!  *wishes more faires would welcome Italian Greyhounds*
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Lady_Glorianna

When I saw that (2 or three days ago), I checked their website but it has not been updated with this info. I would have thought that they would do that ASAP as it might impact on lodging/camping at the very least.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Scotsman

Hmm interesting. Sounds like a good move from the other site.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Femme Falchion

the change of venue would be wonderful, a permanent wooded location fabulous! 
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I e-mailed the President & Executive Director of NCRF and this was her response...

"Yes, we have a new site in Wake Forest on Capital Blvd. Giovanni is still  most welcome!  We'll look forward to seeing you both!"

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!  Gio is very happy he still gets to go to Faire!   ;D
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Dallan

This is good news. At the risk of sounding like I have a one track mind: hopefully moving of the fairgrounds will change the pub situation. We enjoyed our trip last year but found it a little restrictive with the pub. It was tough for mom and dad to have an adult beverage and keep the lads entertained. I don't think we'll make NCRF this year as we are trying to make it to GARF but we will probably come back in 2010. I'm looking forward to the new site.
Fight'n

Ice Mage

You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.