News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Chat Log In

Started by Bonny Pearl, January 09, 2009, 07:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

For some reason when I try to go in to chat, I get a log-in screen (even though I'm already logged in) and so I put my info in.  I get a response saying I'm blocked...  How do I go about getting this fixed?
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Tom

The new chat system requires a login to the main web site. Go to www.renaissancefestival.com and click on register in the CB Login box on the left side of the screen, register on the main site and then it should work for you. I haven't been able to find a way to integrate the logins between the main site and the forums yet.
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Bonny Pearl

okay, did as instructed and the registration was completed.  however, when i tried to log in, still said i am blocked....
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

lady serena

Bonney, are you using your login name and password that you use to enter the forums?  For myself to get on the chat system I needed to come up with a different password and login than I used for the forums. You may want to try that. (A new login in name and password for the chat system, different from the forum login and password)
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Bonny Pearl

that was a good suggestion lady serena, but it didn't work due to my email address already being recognized... :-\
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Tom

Try now - I forgot to check a box :(.
Thanks,

Tom

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Tom on January 11, 2009, 12:17:59 PM
Try now - I forgot to check a box :(.

Hi Tom,

Do you mean try logging in or try registering?
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Tom

Sorry - try logging in.
Thanks,

Tom

Bonny Pearl

Well, I am able to log in now! :)

Now, how do I navigate?  There is only the 'General' screen showing up and I don't see any links to the other chat areas.

Also, I need to reset my password and I don't see any area to be able to do that either.

Most likely interface between the chair and the keyboard  ::)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

eloquentXI

hah well get in the chat right now and we'll see if we can get it to work! cause I'm in the chat right now
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Tom

There should be a link at the top of the screen, above the logo, that says RF Chat. Click on that.

To change your password click CB Details in the user menu then select edit - update you profile. Once there click the contact info tab, you password settings are there.
Thanks,

Tom

RenRobin

Tom,
I have registered and tried everything you told Bonny to do and can not  get in.
Loki-terr (in training)

Tom

That's odd, it seems to be working fine for me. What is your username on the main website?
Thanks,

Tom

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)

Tom

Try it when you have a chance and let me know if it's working now.
Thanks,

Tom