News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Coloradoan in Florida...or something...

Started by pktaxwench, January 10, 2009, 08:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanda

I've seen good jousts from our guys and I've seen the ones where it looks like someone was sipping from the Holy Grail of Margaritas a little too frequently. Heck, I've seen so many of CRF's jousts, I can reenact them in 30-seconds with bunnies hamsters. I've also seen a few of those indoor dinner theater jousts. I like ours better. Bad jokes and all. (Any chance the hobbit jokes can just die?   Please?)  :D  While I would LOVE to see more combat (like...say...the Men of the Green come back....) I understand that it's darn hard to beat up on each other. It's also hard to get it approved by the PtB, I've seen a few attempts made in rehearsals only to be rejected. I also know that patrons are used to CGI fights of the Matrix like and just don't understand why the knights can't do the same thing. Yes, the jousts are a little cheesy, but that's part of what I love about them. I understand the criticism, and maybe I'm just really loyal to our jousters, but I think they do a darn good job.

But Really, I just watch the jousts for the horses. Go Bonnie! Mightiest Warhorse of them all!
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Bryan Beard

lol, thanks! We are loyal and fond of our cheerleaders too!
Bryan Beard
Noble Cause Productions
Sir William, Lord of Whitehall

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Tanda on January 13, 2009, 12:18:28 PM
Heck, I've seen so many of CRF's jousts, I can reenact them in 30-seconds with bunnies hamsters.

Jousting Hamsters?  what a frikkin great idea......!!!  Why haven't we thought of that sooner? (i suppose we'll have to duct-tape them to the horses tho...)
and after a few breeding cycles, (like 2) we can have a living hamster chess match........

While I would LOVE to see more combat (like...say...the Men of the Green come back....)

The Greenwood Loves the Tanda too!
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Adriana Rose

Oh look there goes a Llamachinchicken....... ;D

Zoë

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on January 13, 2009, 01:21:48 PM
Heck, I've seen so many of CRF's jousts, I can reenact them in 30-seconds with bunnies hamsters.

Jousting Hamsters?  what a frikkin great idea......!!!  Why haven't we thought of that sooner? (i suppose we'll have to duct-tape them to the horses tho...)
and after a few breeding cycles, (like 2) we can have a living hamster chess match........

I used to have 22 hamsters....I could have started my own hamster jousting business!  We are down to 12 now...probably just a baseball team now.  ;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'd be up to see Hamsters jousting... or even pigeons jousting.

No offence to the CoRF jousters they entertain the masses. But I much prefer the jousting that takes place at the Estes Park Scottish Highland Games. It's real, it's fun, it's full on possibilities of injuries. Not that I want to see anyone hurt... I don't, but to me it's far more entertaining.

While I would love to see more combat occur at CoRF, I fully understand the reason's not to and those are liability insurance that CoRF would be required to have. While other states may have the stage combat, their insurance laws maybe different than Colorado's or they are just willing to pay the cost of insurable.

Having been a Playtron of CRF since the mid 80's I was going before peace bounding was required. I was also there when no weapons where allowed. I won't mention groups that caused the issue in Colorado, but it was changed CoRF and other faires forever.

I love our not so little faire and it's unique. If it offered the exact same thing as every other faire, there would be no reason beyond getting our Noble/Peasant/Pirate on of which I am ALWAYS up for but then again I'm always up for putting on garb be it Medieval, Renaissance or Victorian. I'm just glad we still have a faire more combat or not, entertaining jousting or full on.

And When ye are ready to start the hamster jousting, count me in :)
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Moldy Forest

What about cats inside a hamster ball with jousting hamsters on top? Best of both worlds.

I enjoy CoRF's jousting, but I believe it is in that sun where most of my sun burns come from. I need to remember to bring some stupid sunblock or something.
Chik-fil-a is the best restaurant ever. The End.

Avan

Give me a Rain Day Jousting anytime.  The stuff that Bryan and the rest of the troupe does is great. 

Hamster Jousting would be fun but the favors they get would cover them and weight them down.

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Avan on January 14, 2009, 10:11:13 AM
Give me a Rain Day Jousting anytime.  The stuff that Bryan and the rest of the troupe does is great. 

Hamster Jousting would be fun but the favors they get would cover them and weight them down.

Ditto!  I've been impressed that on days when it's too wet to be safe for the horses, the lads come out into the grass and fight on foot.   cuz..... "the Show Must....."     "go on...?"   "YES!  That's IT! the show must go on. brilliant!"

OK then, how about using hamsters as favors?   ;D

I've got a $20 for anyone who will come out and tie a hamster to Bryans lance!!!!

BWAHAHAHA!!!!
~Edmund Burke

Bryan Beard

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOWWWW!!!!!!!   lol
Bryan Beard
Noble Cause Productions
Sir William, Lord of Whitehall

Demetrius

That's not a hamster... THIS is a hamster...    ;)

20 bucks eh? Can you pay me now?

p.s. does it have to be the real lance, or can I attach it to a photo?

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Demetrius on January 14, 2009, 12:09:51 PM

20 bucks eh? Can you pay me now?

p.s. does it have to be the real lance, or can I attach it to a photo?

Nope.  Rules are: I must actually see it happen, must be an actual live Hamster, must be the actual lance, must be during a open festival day, hamster must not be damaged.  (i will accept it happening during parade instead of a show)
and I'll raise the bounty to $25.   anyone else want to chip in on the bounty?

(I am the guy who paid the Sheriff to run through the Royal Court Dance Party on the rose stage, wearing a White Rabbit Mask and shouting "I'm late, I'm late...."  the clock was his idea.  and it was hysterical)

yep, cause trouble wherever I go.  that's me.
~Edmund Burke

Tanda

Why oh why do people have to set things like this in my head? I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to acquire a hamster, dress it in the proper colors, and safely package it. I almost have it figured out.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

Yo Bryan, how'd you like to split $25?    ;D

p.s. Tanda- I bet you could hide it in your hat- I'm sure no one will know...
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...