News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gulf Coast Faire @ Pensacola

Started by BLAKDUKE, January 11, 2009, 07:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

I apoligize for taking so long to respond.  I am sorry for the trouble that Dave Plieth finds himself in.  I regret that the name does not bring a face to mind.  By any chance do you have a picture you could send.  In the meantime say hello to all of your companions, and we do hope to see all again in the near future.  I do so miss your group.  We will pray for Daves recovery.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

sidonia

Hello your majesty, I took it upon myself to locate a picture for you. I found an article about the research he was doing at Vanderbilt and it had a picture attached:

Dave is second from the left, the guy in the back with the long hair. I think he took some photos at Pensacola in 2008 (not sure if he made it down this year or not).

BLAKDUKE

Ahhhh  lovely Sidonia.

I regret to say the man does not look familiar.  It is not suprising as we see so many at faire and unless at least 1 hour or so is spent then it is sort of out of sight out of mind.   Nonetheless prayers will be said for him.   

How are you doing these days??????? 

sidonia

I'm doing well, thanks! Busy, very busy, but good. :-) Still dancing! How are you doing?

BLAKDUKE

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

New Renaissance Magazine has a several page color spread on this Faire!!!!  Only one photo of the King at the very end.....what's with that? :P

BLAKDUKE

but it is a good photo, is it not.  The faire is not just the king but all of the folks in it.  One photo is sufficient.

BLAKDUKE

Now that the Mobile faire is in, down, and done  I can make a major announcement concerning the Pensacola faire without causing confusion.  The Queen and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at Pensacola.  The actual date is not until June, but no one is brain dead enough to hold a faire in the south in the middle of summer so we are going to go with March in Pensacola.   The queen and I will be renewing our wedding vows just before the noon joust.  We searched our minds to determine who we would have to officiate.  Since the original priest that married us has passes away we decided on a different sort of main man.  It cam to us that a ships captain can perform the ceremony,  so therefore it has been deemed proper and right that
CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW will do the deed.   So come one come all for the ONE TIME EVENT, for it is quite certain that we will never see another 25th wedding anniversary.

King Allyn The Only   

renfairephotog

Congratulations to you and the Queen!
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

temper

One Month Countdown.

I can't speak for everyone but I'll be glad to be headed South in March! I've had more than enough of temperatures in the negatives this winter.
Phoenix Swords will be back with Drunk and Sailor
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Drunk-Sailor/45435866725?ref=ts

As always, there will be pirates, sword fights and new historical show material. This will be the first working faire for some of our new members so be nice to them (it's *our* job to tease them mercilessly ;-)  See you there!

I assume a number of folks are crashing the vow renewal!
Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Great King,

The time is rapidly approaching. On what day will you renew your vows? I am making all arrangements to attend on this special and forever memorable occasion.

Deus vult!

BLAKDUKE

12 Noon on Saturday.  Be there or be in battle to protect the Kingdom.

Pax Vobiscum

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Will this event be in a stadium or at the Faire Grounds?

BLAKDUKE

This one will be in the fair grounds.

BLAKDUKE

Well  about a week away.  This promises to be a most unique faire.  We will have some new attractions, a special event (Sat only)
and some worthy visitors.