News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gulf Coast Faire @ Pensacola

Started by BLAKDUKE, January 11, 2009, 07:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

Well we are getting down to it.  Many interesting things going on.  To para-phrase the BARD,  "plots have I laid, inductions unique
to entertain one and all".
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

LadyDracolich

Woohoo!! I'm giddy with excitement! :D

Can't wait!!
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I must beg the King's pardon for having to depart early. The ride down proved itself the better of me :'(. I hadn't fully recuperated from Midweek's events. Thus the King found me sitting :o. I walked around a bit, but knew I would have to depart. I did have other travel commitments this day as well, such as a visit to my Matriarch's castle, but alas I had to cut that short as well, so as to have enough "umph", to make the return drive home :-[.

Again sincerest appologies, and I hope the ceremony went well, and the cake was as you had hoped for!

Huzzah!

BLAKDUKE

Most everything went off as well as can be expected.  I am so sorry you could not stay.  Rest my friend and get well.

temper

Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

BLAKDUKE

Sorry good gentles.

I posted in the wrong thread.  I posted for Mobile instead of Pensacola.   In any event the same message 2 weeks to go.  we need a good turn out for this event.  So come one come all.

The BLAKDUKE

P.S.  Do not take this as written in stone, but the information that I have is that not only will we have the 'A' team jousters(read Shane Adams(Sir Shanton of Falcon hills)), but that there will be a lady jouster as well.

temper

temper

We made terrific tips and had a great time-the audiences were really enthusiastic!
Folks should check out the pics and video on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000232159598&sk=wall

BLAKDUKE

Aye indeed.  The weekend was a complete success all the way around.  a grand crowd, lots of old friends and a few new ones as well.   

Sorcha

Hello, hello???  Is this thing on??

There is a LONG shot that Rune and I will be in this neck of the woods for the first weekend in March 2012.  So I thought I'd just see if there was a faire in the neighborhood.  And look!  Ta Da!!!

So...  Tell me about GCRF.  I've tried the forums link to the web page and it seems to be dead.  Is the rest of our forums info correct?
I googled GCRF and came up with this:
http://www.faires.com/EventRecord.php?Id=344
Which is not the official page and is a bit out of date, but is something...  Is there something more official and/or more current??

From the posts here is seems like it's a fairly good sized faire.  Yes?
Is this really a dry event?
Anything else of intrest?

temper

Quote from: Sorcha on August 29, 2011, 09:28:35 AM
Hello, hello???  Is this thing on??

From the posts here is seems like it's a fairly good sized faire.  Yes?
Is this really a dry event?
Anything else of interest?

It's one of our favorite faires to work (Phoenix Swords) and they have a good variety of acts. The grounds are little distracting since it's at a State Fair Ground. It's not really a "traditional" renaissance Fest.
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000232159598
and they list all the acts.
The jousters alone have a really good following. (Knight of Valour)
Speaking as someone who travels 1200 miles to the fest-it's a good place to see acts you won't see elsewhere.

BLAKDUKE

It would appear that the web-site has been hacked.  When I click on it, it sends me to a Godaddy site.  I have sent an e-mail to Steve to let him know.  So hopefully he can get it taken care of it soon.

BLAKDUKE

BLAKDUKE

Well 3 weeks to faire and all is going forward.  We shall be there in full vigor, ready to greet all gentles to the shire.

Come one come all and prepare thyselves to have a good time

King Allyn the Only

BLAKDUKE

THE FIRST DAY WAS A COMPLETE WASHOUT.  Yet about  2-300 brave souls braved the deluge to come.  The faire owner was most gracious in that he announced that anyone who paid to get in today could come back tomorrow and get in free.

So hope to see a lot more people then. 

King Allyn the Only.