News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

COUNT DOWN TO FAIRE

Started by Adriana Rose, January 11, 2009, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanda

yeah...so Not ready. I just not the boning sewn into the new outfit. Need to finish all the sewing...hopefully tomorrow. And then the grommets....oooh, the grommets.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Adriana Rose

Yea same here!
not with the sewing but lots and lots of other things!

Yup I am the queen of procrastonation!

Demetrius

The carnies are in town, I hear... much different than a Rennie (of which I am neither...). Apparently there is something to do with Ferris wheels and a mixed breed called a "Carnamster." Just glad we don't have to deal with all that...

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Demetrius on May 24, 2009, 03:10:03 AM
The carnies are in town, I hear... much different than a Rennie (of which I am neither...). Apparently there is something to do with Ferris wheels and a mixed breed called a "Carnamster." Just glad we don't have to deal with all that...

carnamster?  are those hamster faces carnies, or carnie faced hamsters.......?????
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on May 26, 2009, 09:36:55 AM
Quote from: Demetrius on May 24, 2009, 03:10:03 AM

carnamster?  are those hamster faces carnies, or carnie faced hamsters.......?????

Apparently I was asleep at the wheel... carnies in hamster ferris wheels... we always have the non-Renaissance types at faire- Star Wars, Harry Potter, carnamsters etc,.  ;)

Zoë

Don't forget the Trekkies.  I hear hamster meat is a delicacy among Klingons. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Klingons? Aren't those the things orbiting Uransus?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Capt Spleen

Quote from: Zoë on May 26, 2009, 02:15:55 PM
And all this time I thought Klingons consumed Tribbles for they multiply faster and you need less ketchup as with hamsters which by the by, have a longer gestation period on the periodic food chain wheel table, than Tribbles.

If anyone is having trouble with orbiting Klingons, it may be time to wash those dudes outa yarr bloomers!

By the way........ 17 days til faire....... this is the countdown thread, right? Not the hamcarnanusgonklinged thread.

And for Demetrius: that 17 days converts to 202 days til faire.

Tanda

Everyone Happy Dance!

I got the first day of Faire off from work! I will totally be there. I just need to get my dress done....eep.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

YEAH... Toki and I shall see you there... hopefully as it always seems so hard to find everyone especially that Yakitori Chicken Guy. I truely believe he hids in a Hamster costume
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Demetrius

Quote from: Capt Spleen on May 26, 2009, 03:32:34 PM
Quote from: Zoë on May 26, 2009, 02:15:55 PM

By the way........ 17 days til faire....... this is the countdown thread, right?

And for Demetrius: that 17 days converts to 202 days til faire.

Oh- right Captain Spleen- the countdown thread- no need to be bringing facts into it...

Woo hoo 202 hours until Faire!! Huzzah!!

p.s. and yes- Lady de L- we know nothing of said hamster suit, but Joseph and the amazing technicolor dream doublet be almost ready!

Mischief Snicklebritches

I am only semi-ready. But as I am really not required to be ready...It's all good. lol. Im making a new bodice...but its frustrating me so its being punished by having to sit in front of my sewing machine half finished until it decides to cooperate with me. lol

But, I of course have tons of options...mix and match and such...so, Im mostly ready. ;D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Zoë

You tell that unruly bodice!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

I don't know about the bodice thing, but I smelled some smells today that reminded me of faire and all the great food.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Smell-a-Phants?

Toki and I have pomandors to help cover the smell of those things
"The Metal Maiden"