News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

COUNT DOWN TO FAIRE

Started by Adriana Rose, January 11, 2009, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas_MacPherson

Quote from: CapnJack on June 05, 2009, 12:13:40 AM
Woohoo!  Looking forward to coming back to faire for opening weekend as a patron for once!  Okay, I didn't really read any of the rest of this thread, but I just wanted to share my excitement.

And the first year in quite some time I'm not in the ec...e...err....hell...gold strapped position.

CapnJack

"Gold Strapped?"

Methinks I'm missing something that will become painfully obvious once you explain it...
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Jonas_MacPherson

No funds...money...had a inhertance stuck in perpetial limbo by the IRS.

(fortunately, a kick in the pants in the right direction made it happen, so I'm now a fairly happy pirate again)

CapnJack

Ah, strapped for gold, not strapped with... gold... straps... of some kind.  Got it.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Jonas_MacPherson

If i were strapped with gold...you and spleen would most certainly be getting a share.

Mischief Snicklebritches

What about me *ahem ahem....holds out hand* TAXES!!!!! ;D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Jonas_MacPherson

Oh yes, I forgot about the ever beautiful Remi. *slips Remi her share*

Capt Spleen

We've waited ten months, and it's been ugly....... soon it's time!

In four 10:30 AM's, June 13th we will have been 1/2 hour into the ren riot at front gate..... Notice the clock tower in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XazOmi4yIbU&feature=related

Jonas_MacPherson

Ahh...the ren riots. I missed those last year. *course, I tend to end up at the front of the crowd, avoid the crush and all*

Demetrius

Quote from: Capt Spleen on June 09, 2009, 11:33:39 PM
We've waited ten months, and it's been ugly....... soon it's time!

Yeah- 47 minutes to go!!!   Huzzah!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Jonas_MacPherson

As of six o'clock, it's two days and counting to ren! Darn...time is gooooinngggg too slow.

Jonas_MacPherson

Also, I find it rather humorius that when I mention the ren fair to folks, they think it starts the weekend after this one. Until they realize that today is the 10th, and it starts the 13th. Just a interesting little tibit.

Francisco Paula

Just checked www.weather.com to see how tomorrow will look. Day should start in the low 50's make it up to the low 60's with a 50 percent chance of rain. Now everyone in colorado knows you have a better chance of winning the lottery than trusting the weather man but hope this helps people.

Francisco Paula Portuguese Pirate for hire.....i do windows

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

YES So very true you are.

This morning it was blue skies all abound with nye a cloud in sight, but we are expecting rains again this later afternoon/evening.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Francisco Paula

Oh and for our friends visiting. If the skies open up and we get alot of rain if you have a little one that gets washed away just remember this. If you are in the lanes that are down slop to the joust you can pick up said little ones there. If you are anywhere else in the faire they will be washed toward the entrance gate and your little ones can be picked up on your way out. Now if the pirates arn't to drunk they may be sending out pressgangs to pick them up before you so be warned.

On a side note to the little ones, keep a good hold of your parents around the pirates pub cause you may loose said parents there.

Francisco Paula Portuguese Pirate for hire....i do laundry