News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

COUNT DOWN TO FAIRE

Started by Adriana Rose, January 11, 2009, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demetrius

Quote from: Moldy Forest on February 01, 2009, 04:15:36 PM
Quote from: Demetrius on February 01, 2009, 01:43:19 PM
Quote from: Lady de Laney on February 01, 2009, 12:51:48 PM
Can we light them on fire and THUS have the Flaming Hamsters of...

Oh and Leah all you must do to scroll is highlight the text you want to scroll then hit the <-M button above

So, throwing flaming hamsters... a new take on flame throwing!

There'll be no flaming of hamstern... no, no, no...
Hamster Thrower- a metal pipe with flaming hamsters flowing out at tremendous speeds.

What size are you Moldy? We're going to need a pretty big pipe!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Dayna

Hi all, I'm a mid-western Rennie who's just been offered accommodations if I want to come to the Colorado Ren Faire.  Um.... Yes Please!

So, what do I need to know?  I'm a 30+ year Ren Veteran, participant at several faires and playtron at several more.  I'd be coming for one weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Dayna Thomas
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Tanda

What do you need to Know? Well, let me tell you.

It's all uphill, even downhill is uphill.
It's 100 degrees, unless it rains, then it's 20.
It's dusty, unless it rains, then it's muddy.
It never rains. Unless it floods.
The weather is apt to change without notice.

But other than the weather, it's all fun. :)
I don't know how it compares to other faires, this is the only one I've been to.  :'(
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Blushing

I second the "weather is apt to change without notice."  But that just makes it an adventure.  I don't THINK the faire has ever closed because of weather ...

And I'd add: Don't underestimate high elevation.  Larkspur, where the faire is, is at  appox. 6,700 feet.  And while some people aren't effected by elevation at all, others feel it all too much.  So it's doubly important to stay hydrated - more so again if you're imbibing.

It's a fun faire, and some things should not be missed ... Cast in Bronze comes to mind ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Tanda

Quote from: Blushing on February 03, 2009, 11:31:25 AM
And while some people aren't effected by elevation at all,

Miss Editor, shouldn't that be affected?
Only because it's you, Blushing.  :-*
Even when I'm not teaching, I can't turn the teaching off.

Things that shouldn't be missed...ooh. That's quite the list. You are coming for two full days, right?
Absolutely Cast in Bronze. He plays before each joust. The Parade. You can watch it coming and going if you hang out in the bar. Every show. Especially Charming and Dashing! And everyone else!

DeadBishop

One of these days I'll come out there and boot the fool that's currently running our other booth and take over... ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Blushing

Aye, ye be quite right mistress Tanda.  But I try not to be TOO much of an editor when not working, otherwise I'd go nuts.  =)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Hey- Arent You?

Main Entry: af·fect·ed 
Pronunciation: \?-?fek-t?d, a-\
Function: adjective
Date: 1587
1: inclined , disposed <was well affected toward her>
2 a: given to or marked by affectation <spoke in an affected manner> b: assumed artificially or falsely : pretended <an affected interest in art>
— af·fect·ed·ly adverb
— af·fect·ed·ness noun

Main Entry: 2effect
Function: transitive verb
Date: 1533
1: to cause to come into being
2 a: to bring about often by surmounting obstacles : accomplish <effect a settlement of a dispute> b: to put into operation <the duty of the legislature to effect the will of the citizens>
synonyms see perform
usage Effect and affect are often confused because of their similar spelling and pronunciation. The verb 2affect usually has to do with pretense <she affected a cheery disposition despite feeling down>. The more common 3affect denotes having an effect or influence <the weather affected everyone's mood>. The verb effect goes beyond mere influence; it refers to actual achievement of a final result <the new administration hopes to effect a peace settlement>. The uncommon noun affect, which has a meaning relating to psychology, is also sometimes mistakenly used for the very common effect. In ordinary use, the noun you will want is effect <waiting for the new law to take effect> <the weather had an effect on everyone's mood>.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Zoë

I shoulda been an English major.  I'm just an English minor.  Which means I'm not old enough to drink while editing papers....or something. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Moldy Forest

Quote from: Demetrius on February 01, 2009, 09:21:30 PM
Quote from: Moldy Forest on February 01, 2009, 04:15:36 PM
Quote from: Demetrius on February 01, 2009, 01:43:19 PM
Quote from: Lady de Laney on February 01, 2009, 12:51:48 PM
Can we light them on fire and THUS have the Flaming Hamsters of...

Oh and Leah all you must do to scroll is highlight the text you want to scroll then hit the <-M button above

So, throwing flaming hamsters... a new take on flame throwing!

There'll be no flaming of hamstern... no, no, no...
Hamster Thrower- a metal pipe with flaming hamsters flowing out at tremendous speeds.

What size are you Moldy? We're going to need a pretty big pipe!
Just buy a pvc pipe for a large hamster and we'll make it work. There is way too much learning going on in this thread by the way. :o
Chik-fil-a is the best restaurant ever. The End.

Nixie

Quote from: Zoë on February 04, 2009, 10:38:41 AM
I shoulda been an English major.  I'm just an English minor.  Which means I'm not old enough to drink while editing papers....or something. 
One day you'll reach that goal...

pktaxwench

Quote from: Blushing on February 03, 2009, 11:31:25 AM

And I'd add: Don't underestimate high elevation.  Larkspur, where the faire is, is at  appox. 6,700 feet.  And while some people aren't effected by elevation at all, others feel it all too much.  So it's doubly important to stay hydrated - more so again if you're imbibing.

You learn all sorts of interesting things when you work site crew.  The elevation of the entry gate towers is 7,320 feet in elevation if I recall my numbers correctly, and that's the lowest part of the entire site of Larkspurshire.   

Tanda

Quote from: pktaxwench on February 09, 2009, 09:34:04 AM
You learn all sorts of interesting things when you work site crew.  The elevation of the entry gate towers is 7,320 feet in elevation if I recall my numbers correctly, and that's the lowest part of the entire site of Larkspurshire.   

Isn't the joust field a little lower? I totally need to bring a gps unit one weekend.

Moldy Forest

Whatever the elevation happens to be I know it makes me extra sunburnable(new word).
Chik-fil-a is the best restaurant ever. The End.

Zoë

Well, when you're that much closer to the sun....
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy