News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Minnesota Renassaince Festival

Started by Scarlytt Pyrates, May 14, 2008, 05:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlytt Pyrates

So is this the biggest ren faire in the USA or what? When would be the best time to visit as we are from Arizona?
Scarlytt Pyrates!

CelticOne

Ok I know I posted a reply, i'm guessing it got lost somewhere, oh well second try then.

I don't know about largest but certainly alotta fun. The best weekend to visit IMO is probably Labor day weekend, its when we have the big meet and greet plus that's when most of the people from out of town come visit as well.

The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

Lord Figaro

The largest fest is the Texas Ren fest, MNRF's claim to fame is being the #1 attended fest in the country. As Phoenix said, most travelers come Labor day weekend.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Scarlytt Pyrates

Scarlytt Pyrates!

groomporter

Quote from: Lord Figaro on May 15, 2008, 10:27:52 AM
The largest fest is the Texas Ren fest, MNRF's claim to fame is being the #1 attended fest in the country. As Phoenix said, most travelers come Labor day weekend.

We used to be anyway, don't know about that these days Attendance used to be over 300,000 visitors a year, but that was pre-911 and the dot.com crash. The last time I was part of the cast rather than a crafter  (1993? or so) my contract included a $100 bonus if attendance was over 300,000 and I did get the bonus that year.

Word on the participant's only Elist is that we were down to 240,000 in 2006.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Baron Doune

Just remember Mead Booth at 10.

*clicks his heels three times*
Mead Booth at 10
(and repeat)

escherblacksmith

Yeah, I'd say Labor day weekend as well . . . just for sheer volume of people and R/Fers

I think the specs are still thus:

Texas (largest in overall size and attendance)
Minnesota (2nd in both, although close in attendance most years)
I think Maryland is still third.

Now as to weather.  It runs from Mid-August to the end of September.  So, you can get everything from Hot and dry (kind of like mid-April in AZ) to Hot and wet to cold and wet to cold and dry to snow. I recall a last weekend many years ago with a high of 45F and 30 mph North wind.

Good times.

--

ladiedragon

Quote from: escherblacksmith on May 16, 2008, 10:23:46 AM
Yeah, I'd say Labor day weekend as well . . . just for sheer volume of people and R/Fers

I think the specs are still thus:

Texas (largest in overall size and attendance)
Minnesota (2nd in both, although close in attendance most years)
I think Maryland is still third.

Now as to weather.  It runs from Mid-August to the end of September.  So, you can get everything from Hot and dry (kind of like mid-April in AZ) to Hot and wet to cold and wet to cold and dry to snow. I recall a last weekend many years ago with a high of 45F and 30 mph North wind.

weather always likes to play alittle bit of games with us. i'd be prepared for just about any thing
Good times.

SleepyArcher

I can't wait for this year: New personas for me, new friends, MEAD, shopping, new mug, MEAD, FOPs, Wenches, MEAD, more friends....
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Erynn

Quote from: Sleepy on May 16, 2008, 03:01:55 PM
I can't wait for this year: New personas for me, new friends, MEAD, shopping, new mug, MEAD, FOPs, Wenches, MEAD, more friends....

I second all of that.

Oh, and theres MEAD!

DeadBishop

Quote from: Erynn on May 16, 2008, 03:32:23 PM
Quote from: Sleepy on May 16, 2008, 03:01:55 PM

I second all of that.

Oh, and theres MEAD!

Not just any mead, Erynn....THE MEAD BOOTH'S MEAD! 

R/F.com member since 2003

Erynn

SleepyArcher

Which I am getting pissed here because I ordered some over the internet and still havent gotten it!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Erynn

Really? That sucks! I've ordered from them twice (both before last season) and it came fairly quickly. But then after faire their site got all messed up so I was waiting until it got better to order more.

ladiedragon

Quote from: Sleepy on May 16, 2008, 06:31:23 PM
Which I am getting pissed here because I ordered some over the internet and still havent gotten it!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I have got some of the "mead boooth" mead sleepy... wanna sip? ;D

SleepyArcher

im coming over on my next day off. i ordered three bottles of E'gyption. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

groomporter

Oh and the latest word is don't expect a new bear this year. The general manager liked the idea, but sounds like the proposal is sitting on the owner's desk being ignored.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Muffin

Quote from: groomporter on May 18, 2008, 09:54:25 AM
Oh and the latest word is don't expect a new bear this year. The general manager liked the idea, but sounds like the proposal is sitting on the owner's desk being ignored.

>:( why does that not surprise me?
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Lord Figaro

I don't think it surprises anyone Muffin.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana