News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wizards workshop and museum

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 14, 2008, 05:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

A place to post pictures of your hand crafted wands and staffs and any other wizardly creations!  We can inspire each other with our creativity!

Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Queen Bonnie

Vintage 1920's doll I repaired and dressed in my garb remnants.  When I got her she had no nose or clothes! I made all except the chalice. Fun project. Now I have a mini me!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Var Greyshadow

She looks just like you!  Post a picture of your evil twin's doll likeness too.  You wouldn't want her to get jealous!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Queen Bonnie

Good idea, Var!
My evil Twin would get even and rennvious if I did not post here here!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Queen Bonnie

My latest wire wrapped crystals! They are magical!
Now someone else post some creations, Please?
Wingardium Leviosa!

Tim T

I really like those crystal necklaces, Bonnie!  I love the twisted, chaotic wire.

They look to be full of magic!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Queen Bonnie

Thank you, Tim! I wear them every day. I think they do have magick!  Plus they are pretty too and fun to create! I enjoy making them!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Trillium

Those are beautiful, Bonnie!!  Wire wrapping is so magical!
Got faerie dust?

Queen Bonnie

Thanks Trill! Magick was used to make them!
Wingardium Leviosa!

J M Gryphon

Nice to see the Museum has been rebuilt, It may take me a little while to put together all the pics that I had up in the old one, Huzzah to new beginnings!

my new pet Gorbash guarding one of my staffs...
Private First Class Queens own Highlanders
Wandering Green Wizard of Krunk
Jedi Master

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! Good to see you back here! Cute Gorbash!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Var Greyshadow

He looks like he should be a permanent fixture on that staff!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

J M Gryphon

He is too flighty to be attatched to anything for very long.... ;D
Jedi Master

J M Gryphon

My latest project, its been a long while since I finished one. I have yet to decide what kind of finish to put on it....

1 free beer to the first person who recognises these symbols  ;)
Jedi Master

Queen Bonnie

That is wonderous! So good to see a posting here!
I love your new staff!
The symbols are faces. I know nothing else.
Wingardium Leviosa!

J M Gryphon

Indeed they are faces, totems of great power.... Its my first staff using dragon tears, and I think that it came out pretty good, I may use them more often..
Jedi Master

Queen Bonnie

it is beautiful! Very lovely job! I like the dragon tears!
I would keep the finish light.
I will be bringing new staffs to Scarby- but ones I had at TRF.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Queen Bonnie

I have been working on wonderful magical new wands and staffs!  I have 2 new staffs and one still in the works. Pictures- when I get my computer nargles sorted out- or see me at TRF!  It feels good to be creating again!!!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Queen Bonnie

The third staff is still underway- but nearly done. Lots of crystals on it!  They are at Authentic Wardrobe at TRF. Next to Angell swords!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Alkatar the Green

I need to blow all the dust off my workshop, and start on a new staff soon!
Wizard of the Wooded Realm

Proud member of FOKTOP

Alphonse

Images of my new horseless carrige, my leach has advised me to quit traveling so much by flying carpet and get some exercize...
Tremayne has come along for the ride as well as work out, on occasion.

Queen Bonnie

Very cool Alphonse! Looks like a fun way for a wizard to get around! Thanks for the pictures!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Alphonse

Indeed, when we ride around Tremayne's block we draw the attention of all the kids, some the braver ones even join us for rides. It is an excellant work out,lol I can still feel it from the weekend. Being a wizard, you can imagine that I have some ideas of modifications I intend to make to it as soon as I can get it to a black smith and present my suggestions. The stearing needs some attention and I may add a canvass sun shade as well...

Queen Bonnie

Sounds like fun! I can see how you would be popular with the kids! Wizards usually are!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Queen Bonnie

Wingardium Leviosa!

Dustin

My daughter is turning 11 - as you all know, an age of great importance in the Harry Potter universe. I decided to make her a wand. I whittled the wood, sanded it and stained it. I also made one for the youngest, so he wouldn't be too jealous. I got a couple of trading card storage boxes for free from a local sports card store, painted them black, then (with my wife's help) installed fabric-covered foam cushions, complete with wand-shaped cutouts. My mother-in-law did the lettering for labels made from placecards. Here's the finished products:

Ends of both boxes.

Chiane's wand - dogwood with a core of unicorn tail hair, 10-7/8 inches, unyielding.

Ian's wand - aspen wood with a core of dragon heartstring, 7-1/2 inches, rigid.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Clan McCann

Those are awesome Dustin! I would have loved my own Magic Wand as a youngster. I used to disconnect the long handle from Dad's shop push broom, and that would suffice as my Wizard's staff.

So much fun in this thread...

Queen Bonnie

That is a wondrous wand Dustin!  And I love the box too.!11 is  the perfect age for a wand. Hand made ones are the best. Alas. I wish I knew how to post pitctures here. I have many wands and staffs for sale- you can see them at Sherwood Forest faire.
Wingardium Leviosa!