News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Season Roll Call

Started by eloquentXI, January 12, 2009, 01:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Quote from: SandrineDeLaTombe on February 25, 2009, 10:24:43 AM
Quote from: Al-Nimer on February 24, 2009, 10:28:30 PM
Looks like I'll be attending alone on St. Pat's weekend.  Cowgrrl & kids are going on a spring break trip with her parents.  So, do I camp out in our van, or stay in a cheap hotel?  Anyone got any recommendations?

I think I'll be out that weekend as well.  Looked at hotels yesterday, one that seemed nice and not too expensive was the Best Western Southpark Inn.

That's the one we're staying in.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

RenRobin

We will be coming the weekend of April 11th (Easter Weekend) and we will be camping.
Loki-terr (in training)

SandrineDeLaTombe

Quote from: DonaCatalina on February 25, 2009, 10:42:30 AM
Looks like I'll be attending alone on St. Pat's weekend.  Cowgrrl & kids are going on a spring break trip with her parents.  So, do I camp out in our van, or stay in a cheap hotel?  Anyone got any recommendations?

I think I'll be out that weekend as well.  Looked at hotels yesterday, one that seemed nice and not too expensive was the Best Western Southpark Inn.

It's a bit of a drive from this hotel to the faire itself, yes?
I aim to misbehave

Al-Nimer

Quote from: SandrineDeLaTombe on February 25, 2009, 03:29:04 PM
Quote from: DonaCatalina on February 25, 2009, 10:42:30 AM

It's a bit of a drive from this hotel to the faire itself, yes?
I searched "Troup, TX" on hotels.com, and it says 14.7 miles from this Best Western to Troup.  I think we stayed at the La Quinta last year, which is 16 miles.  I might stay there since it's $20 cheaper ($79 vs. $99).  There's also a Ramada for $67, that's 14.8 miles away.  Subtract 2 miles from these to get the distance to Four Winds.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

queeneleanore

Quote from: eloquentXI on January 12, 2009, 01:06:38 PM
Much discussion has been made on which weekends people want to visit, etc. etc. so I thought I'd put this up. (sticky this please!)
Please specify which weekend you'll be attending, whether or not it's both days or just Sat. or Sun.

If you're working faire, please let us know which booth you'll be working at! Also, please let us know if you're on cast

If we have a large group of forum members that show up on a single weekend, we'll plan for a group meet up!

2009 ROLL CALL!

Opening Weekend: Febuary 28 – March 1     
Family Adventure

We (Queen Eleanore and company) will also be present on opening day. :-) Looking forward to seeing you all again!

~Eleanore
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

RenRobin

Quote from: MacLaren on January 28, 2009, 06:00:32 AM
I'll be there vending, every weekend.

What is the name of your booth MacLaren???  I know you do Bamboo and what is your booth number so we can find you??? :D
Loki-terr (in training)

Al-Nimer

Just booked a room at the Fairfield Inn Tyler for March 14, and got the Four Winds discount rate!  ;D ;D
I plan on driving directly to Faire, Sat AM, but it may be 11 before I get there.

Queen_of_Navarre

The first weekend Lord Rhy ap Gordon and I stayed at the Ramada Inn with was right on 110 at the 323 loop. An easy shot down to the faire. This weekend (on Duchess Claire's suggestion) we are trying out the Motel 8 which is much closer to I 20 and 69.  I will let y'all know if this motel (cheapest) is worth the savings.
We look forward to seeing all our pirate friends this weekend.
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

SandrineDeLaTombe

Alas, real life interferes and I won't be able to make it out to Four Winds.  Just means I have to wait for Scarby. :(
I aim to misbehave

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Al-Nimer on March 06, 2009, 01:25:22 PM
Just booked a room at the Fairfield Inn Tyler for March 14, and got the Four Winds discount rate!  ;D ;D
I plan on driving directly to Faire, Sat AM, but it may be 11 before I get there.
Well, as Murphy's Law would have it, plans have changed.  I've canceled my room and I won't be there this Sat.  I will, however, get up early Sunday and drive to Four Winds.  Hopefully the weather will be warmer & drier by then.  Hope to see some of you out there.

Macintyre

was going to go this weekend, but rain and a tent are no fun so i won't be attending.

Ottheinrich

Mast Hugger Kate, the kids and I will be there on the 21st and celebrating her Birthday!

Saraya thee Barbarian

Sir Moostifer and I will be back on the 21st along with Sir Marcus and our Majesty, the King (Kenny)  :D

eloquentXI

I so wish I could be there to see all of you. Sending my best wishes, Saraya and the rest of the Kingdom!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)