News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

what should a new patron know??

Started by Auryn, January 12, 2009, 01:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Anna Iram on January 15, 2009, 09:42:24 PM
Auryn. if you'd like to learn more about the wenches guild and what they stand for. go to www.wench.org:) While WW has certainly been around a long time and could give you an idea from her own perspective, there are many who are Ladies and Pirates ..etc. that have their own way. If you DO want to become a wench look to bring out your own inner wench. Not a copy of another. That's the beauty of the sisterhood. We all respect one another's differences. :)

There are also plenty of other amusements at our faire... The Queens Men in Tights contest perhaps? Now that's a sight to behold. :)

Also good for a belly of laughs is the Wooing Contest...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

essulf

Also, you're definitely going to want to check out the mudskippers. Not that this is a shameless plug or anything. Not that I AM one of the Mudskippers. No, not at all. But totally check their show out. They are manly men who are very attractive, and very funny. Once again, I am NOT one of the Mudskippers, and I am definitely NOT telling you this because I am a hopeless conceit.

Okay, I'm totally lying. But not about the many and attractive thing... that's all truth.
--=Thorny=--

Anna Iram

Yes, of course! Also known as The Men in Mud.  ;D ;D

Don Giovanni de' Medici

I would like to add.  That though I have never been on the patron side of BARF, being on cast I have seen that one of the things that patrons, and even myself if the King makes an appearance allowing us to meander on over with him, loves the most is the Special Events tents.  There are different events each weekend and as such obviously different things cater to difference likes and dislikes.  The two that I have never seen empty nor disliked are during the weekends of "Wine" and of "Chocolate".  The Special Events tent during those weekends seems to be a favorite of both the cast and guests!

~Vincente
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
Ambasciatore del Granducato della Toscana
"Dio conserva il Papa"

TinGoliath

Yours Truly can be Near-imposible to miss, especially if there is something you want from Faire that no one else seems to have.  I cam usually be found in the Children's realm, though I do try to get a good walk of the Faire grounds.  Kisy look for a Really tall fellow with colored foil hanging form his belt, and usually a plethora of tin roses in the hat.

Yeah, Shameless plug. ;)
You do not need a patch or badge on your sleeve to show you have honor.

Auryn

thanks everyone for all the great input and being so kind.
I am super excited.
I cant wait for February to roll around.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec