News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

October 24-25th

Started by SleepyArcher, January 13, 2009, 09:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

I will be a visiting that weekend. ALthough I wouldn't mind being a FOP both days I was wondering if you had pirates out there or if I should just kilt it for a day? What the weather like there in October? I'm so very excited to come.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Scotsman

Come as you please ... we have a heard of pirates, a covey of Scots and a gaggle Irishmen ... you are welcome regardless ... got beer?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Master James

Watch out Scotsman.  There will now be two of us this year on DOW!  The FOPS will rule!  MUAHAHAHAHA!   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady_Glorianna

Quote from: Lord Fondlebottom on January 13, 2009, 09:16:49 AM
I will be a visiting that weekend. ALthough I wouldn't mind being a FOP both days I was wondering if you had pirates out there or if I should just kilt it for a day? What the weather like there in October? I'm so very excited to come.
That weekend will be closing weekend and more than likely many things both official (prob jousting tournament, vow renewals on sunday, etc) and unofficial (sunday-day of wrong (DOW)) will be happening.Towards the end of the season, weather turns colder (50's or so at dusk) compared to the beginning of faire (last couple of years we have had 100+ days). As long as you wear something and no weapons you can come as whatever you like.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

SleepyArcher

Rest assured Scotsman I will buy you a beer only after many pictures have been taken with Lord Fondlebottom bahahahahaha!!!!

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I can't wait to see this! ::)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

SleepyArcher

I hope my parasol fits in the suitcase, I dont think they would let me carry that on the plane lol.

I was alos thinking of maybe meeting some of you Friday night for drinks or somethng to get to know some of you! Anyne have any ideas, I know its far away, I wish it was tomorrow.  I posted in the Minnesota thread and am trying to get a few others to join me.

Scotsman

Well, dependant on how you ... er ... dress ... will greatly determine if I show for drinks  ;D

Honestly, there are some really nice pubs in the area and as the date draws closer we will get something together. Traditionally, closing weekend brings many to MDRF ... this year more than other due to it maybe the last time at our site. We look forward to your arrival.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

SleepyArcher

I have never been to the DC area and was told by friends to NOT rent a car as it is far better getting around by bus or taxi in the area. But to get out to fest that may be spendy lol. Is there anyone that lives in the DC area that would pick me up and drop me off at my hotel or I could taxi to your place? Im trying to get all arrangements together to make my purchase on line. If it isnt too bad with driving around let me know and I will surely rent a car. I do plan on spending a few days going to the Smithsonian and to all the monuments etc. I have not decided yet but my 15 yr old daughter is trying to talk me into bringing her "It's educational dad!" is her reasoning lol. Which is true I guess. So there might be two of us.

Lady_Glorianna

From what I know, to move around DC as you put it (museums, monuments etc..) it is better parking and economic wise to move in metro. For faire you will need transportation.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Master James

Yes Lady Gloriana you are quite right.  Using Metro is the best way to get around DC for sight seeing.  Parking, IF you can find it, will cost you aroun $20 for a day if not more.  Metro on the other hand if you go into the city after 9AM you can get a pass for $5 for the entire day.  Traffic is another issue as well going into the city.  We are the 2nd worse for traffic behind LA so you really don't want to be driving into the city if you can avoid it.  You will however need a car to get from wherever your hotel is to faire so getting a rental is a good idea, that and taxis are just really expensive.  Let me know when you got your plans set and I might be able to take some time off and be a tour guide for you.
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

SleepyArcher

As it stands right now I will be only making the Sunday as I am bringing my daughter (15yr old). I have a lot planned for us to see in DC the other days. I really dont think she would be able to watch her dad dress up as a FOP for two days and not know anyone and follow me around. Which brings me to another question. Anyone have any kids her age that she will be able to hang out with for the day. She is really not going to want to be with me. Besides the ruse Master James, I and the Lady will be doing she will want to be far from it lol.

Scotsman

Quote from: Lord Fondlebottom on March 05, 2009, 05:36:15 AM
Which brings me to another question. Anyone have any kids her age that she will be able to hang out with for the day.

My daughter is also 15 and frequents faire ... I think it is safe to say they can hang out ... they will probably get into more trouble than the rest of us.

*If your daughter has an email address renmail it to me and I will give it to my daughter so they can start a dialog if you like*
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Dallan

Quote from: Master James on January 13, 2009, 10:18:59 AM
Watch out Scotsman.  There will now be two of us this year on DOW!  The FOPS will rule!  MUAHAHAHAHA!   ;D

I'm scared and excited all at the same time!!!
Fight'n

Master James

Actually, there will be THREE of us this year!  Lady Maerwyn will be joining in FOPdom!  Look out MDRF!  Here come the FOPS!  LOL   ;D
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51