News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Utica OD

Started by A Poor Player, January 13, 2009, 11:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Poor Player

Sorry to be such a barnacle, but the Utica OD was kind enough to do a story about a certain Renaissance Group : http://www.uticaod.com/pennysaver/x512383039/Father-and-son-bring-a-world-of-instruments-to-performance
Feel free to let me know
Peace
or War and Peace, as us English Majors say.

BLAKDUKE

I knew about the Beardslee Castle event having talked to them last year about going to it, but the article also mentioned the Rome Renaissance Festival.  Does anyone have any info on it.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on January 14, 2009, 12:17:45 PM
I knew about the Beardslee Castle event having talked to them last year about going to it, but the article also mentioned the Rome Renaissance Festival.  Does anyone have any info on it.

I have  not  personally been  to The Rome  Renassiance  festival  yet, but here is  some  info  i found  on  it, in  a local New  York  website :

"  The Rome Renaissance Festival is unlike many other festivals or faires. Our setting for the festival takes place at the Toccolana Club, where we transform the area to fit the renaissance era. We offer people that chance to not only experience life during the renaissance and before.

On top of the renaissance theme, we have opened our doors to craft vendors, nationwide. We are hoping that our wide variety of themes will make everyone's experience at the Rome Renaissance Festival a most enjoyable one. "

I know  last year  the  dates for  this  faire   were August 23, and  24  .
  It also  mentions  on the  website  that  weapons  are allowed  as  long  as  they are peace tied !

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

BLAKDUKE

Doing an indoor faire has its pros and cons.  Obviously no jousting.  but I guess on a small basis it would work.  I would think that considering the time of year the indoor site would be great if they had a feast at night.  Oh well.  I'll keep it in mind if we get up there at that time.  Thanks for the info

A Poor Player

I'm being told firstly that the Rome Renaissance Fair's date for this year is up in the air, and much harsher news as well.

Current organizer is in the late stages of cancer.
Queen Kelia of the Kingdom of Newgard's medical and travel expenses have mounted considerably and a benefit is in the works.
March 3rd at the Rome, NY VFW from 12-6
If it offendeth not, I will use this board and others to promote the event further once more information is know, and any help in doing so being offered, you can email me at editor@collegecrier.com
Peace
Tim

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: A Poor Player on January 15, 2009, 02:12:45 PM
I'm being told firstly that the Rome Renaissance Fair's date for this year is up in the air, and much harsher news as well.

Current organizer is in the late stages of cancer.
Queen Kelia of the Kingdom of Newgard's medical and travel expenses have mounted considerably and a benefit is in the works.
March 3rd at the Rome, NY VFW from 12-6
If it offendeth not, I will use this board and others to promote the event further once more information is know, and any help in doing so being offered, you can email me at editor@collegecrier.com
Peace
Tim

I have no problem with it.   That would explain what I got then.  I called the hall where the eventwas held and got the name and phone number of the person that was responsible for it last year.  when I called the number I was told that the phone had been disconnected.  Your info would then support that.  Keep us posted if any further develops.  what form is the benefit taking.  The date is impossible for me since I have to be in Pensacola on that date.

A Poor Player

There's more news about Queen Kelia's cancer at http://www. lauracanfieldbenefit.blogspot. com
Thanks all.